ABOUT THE MATCH
Two of the pre-tournament favorites, New Zealand and England, are going to be playing against each other in one of the most important matches of the ICC World Cup 2019. There is a lot at stake in this match and not just for the two teams involved.
They are both very good sides that know each other’s strengths and weaknesses quite well. England vs New Zealand ICC World Cup 2019 is going to be played at Chester Le Street on the 3rd of July 2019.
- The team winning the toss is likely to want to bat second.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
- England vs New Zealand ICC World Cup 2019 is going to be played at Chester le Street. The pitch in Chester le Street is good for batting. It helped the spinners a little in the previous matches and we are sure that is going to be the case this time around also.
- A par score of 300+ is expected.
Individual Team Winning Percentage:
Top Order Analysis:
- England, top order looks more consistent than New Zealand.
Middle Order Analysis:
- England, Middle order looks stronger than New Zealand.
Top Order and Middle Order Analysis:
- England, Looks Much stronger in Batting.
Top bowlers Analysis:
- Both, the team’s bowling looks much similar in Taking Wickets.
- We don’t see England making any other changes in this match apart.
- They will be hoping that Bairstow and Roy are able to give it a strong start against the New Zealand bowlers
- Ben Stokes is also in very good batting form at number five and is followed by Jos Buttler and Chris Woakes in the batting order. All of England’s lower order players can bat but we don’t think they can be trusted to score too many runs in a pressure situation.
- England’s bowling is very good as well. Archer and Woakes are among the fastest bowlers in this tournament and will attack the New Zealand batsmen. If they can get Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli early, then more than half the job will be done.
- England has not become a bad side overnight, but it looks like the pressure of expectations is getting to it. The mental battle will be the toughest one it faces in this match.
|Top 3 batsman England
|Top 3 Middle Order England
|Top 3 Bowler England
- While the Kiwis haven’t been as clinical as they’d have liked in the tournament so far, they have emerged on top in a couple of closely fought encounters which would have given them an immense amount of confidence.
- Although their batting has been doing pretty well in the competition, the lack of big scores from their top-two will be a huge concern for their management going into the business end of the tournament.
- Having said that, their middle-order and late middle-order has done fantastically well with Kane Williamson and Ross Taylor scoring heaps of runs.
- Their bowling has done well in the tournament with Boult and Ferguson being amongst the wickets.
|Top 3 batsman New Zealand
|Top 3 Middle Order New Zealand
|Top 3 Bowler New Zealand
|C de Grandhomme
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR England VS New Zealand 41st ODI ICC CRICKET WORLD CUP 2019 ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
|IF England Bat First
|If New Zealand Bat First
|C de Grandhomme
*Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team, consider the points mentioned and make your own decision.*