ABOUT THE MATCH
A big gap seems to be opening between the current top-4 in ICC World Cup 2019 standings and the rest. England is a part of this top-4 and will be looking to try and maintain the momentum against Afghanistan.
The match between the number one ranked side in the world, England, and the lowest ranked team in this world cup seems like a mismatch. A pitch that offered some help to the spinners and some possible injury concerns may make things a bit more interesting.
England vs Afghanistan is going to be played at Old Trafford, Manchester on the 18th of June 2019.
England will want to bat second if it wins the toss because of all the rain around. Afghanistan may prefer to bat first and get a total on the board.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
England vs Afghanistan ICC World Cup 2019 is going to be played at Old Trafford, Manchester. The weather has been dull and gloomy in Manchester for the last few weeks and the same is expected for this match.
We should be able to get a result in, but some showers are expected to interrupt the match and cause stoppages.
The pitches were well protected and there was some spin for the bowlers in the match between India and Pakistan. A high scoring pitch with help for the spinners is what we expect in this game also. A par score of 300+ is expected if played 50 overs.
Top Order Analysis:
Middle Order Analysis:
Top Order and Middle Order Analysis:
Top bowlers Analysis:
- England is one of the strongest contenders for the Cricket World Cup 2019 title because of the depth it has.
- The form of top and middle order, and the others is good enough for England to come into this match confident of a victory.
- England’s bowling attack is also performing very well, and the express speed of Jofra Archer should be able to unsettle the Afghan batsmen
- The pitch at Old Trafford helped the spinners in the previous match so the English batsmen will have to be careful about negotiating the Afghan spinners safely.
|Top 3 batsman England||Top 3 Middle Order England||Top 3 Bowler England|
|J Roy||E Morgan||Chris Woakes|
|Bairstow||B Stokes||Mark Wood|
|J Root||J Buttler||Jofra Archer|
- The ICC World Cup 2019 has been a rude shock for the Afghanistan side. They have improved dramatically in the last few years, but they have a very long way to go before they can be considered a consistent, world-class team in all conditions.
- This learning curve is very similar to what a lot of other senior teams have gone through before them.
- The biggest let down for Afghanistan has been its batting.
- Among the bowling, Afghanistan must hope that the pitch is going to help the spinners.
- A lot of things will suddenly need to start going right for Afghanistan to even have a chance of coming close to beating England.
|Top 3 batsman Afghanistan||Top 3 Middle Order Afghanistan||Top 3 Bowler Afghanistan|
|Rahmat Shah||Gulbadin Naib||M Nabi|
|Ikram Ali||Najibullah Zadran||A Alam|
|Hazratullah Zazal||Mohammad Nabi||H Hassan|
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR England VS Afghanistan 24TH ODI IC C CRICKET WORLD CUP 2019 ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
|IF England Bat First||IF Afghanistan Bat First|
|Jos Buttler||Rahmat Shah|
|J Root||Hashmatullah Shahidi|
|J Roy||H Zazai|
|C Woakes||M Nabi|
|B Stokes||G Naib|
|M Wood||A Alam|
|J Archer||R Khan|
|Noor Ali Zadran||J Archer|
|M Nabi||J Buttler|
|G Naib||C Woakes|
|A Alam||B Stokes|