ABOUT THE MATCH
Durham Jets will look to keep themselves afloat in the tournament with a win when they face a down-and-out Warwickshire (Birmingham Bears). This North Group clash of the Vitality T20 Blast 2019 will be played on August 27 at the Riverside Ground in Chester-le-Street.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Durham
D’Arcy Short, Scott Steel, Harry Adair, Peter Handscomb (c/wk), Gareth Harte, Graham Clark, Brydon Carse, Ben Raine, Liam Trevaskis, Nathan Rimmington, Matty Potts
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Warwickshire
Dominic Sibley, Sam Hain, Adam Hose, Matthew Lamb, Will Rhodes, Michael Burgess (wk), Chris Green, Alex Thomson, Henry Brookes, Jeetan Patel (c), Oliver Hannon-Dalby
- Durham, after their ordinary batting performance last time out against Yorkshire, will look to their big guns D’Arcy Short, Scott Steel, and Peter Handscomb to make healthy contributions with the bat in this do-or-die game.
- D’Arcy Short is one of the top five batsmen this season with 397 runs (three fifties at an average of 44.11) while his opening partner Scott Steel is coming off a good knock of 49.
- In terms of bowling, Durham will rely mainly on Matty Potts and Nathan Rimmington to apply pressure on Warwickshire.
- Matty Potts has been the team’s most successful bowler this T20 Blast with 15 wickets while Rimmington has been their next best bowler with 13 wickets.
- Both shared five scalps between them in the last match against Yorkshire and the duo will be expected to deliver another good performance on Tuesday.
- Warwickshire’s batting will depend largely on the likes of Sam Hain, Adam Hose, and Matthew Lamb, and it will be crucial that at least two of them go on to score big.
- Sam Hain is one of the tournament’s leading run-scorers this year with 388 runs which includes a couple of half-centuries and the opener is undoubtedly the key man for his side when it comes to batting.
- Adam Hose has also been amongst the runs and is having an impressive strike-rate of 149.25. Henry Brookes, Jeetan Patel, and Oliver Hannon-Dalby are the main threats in this bowling attack.
- Brookes has been the standout performer for Warwickshire with 13 wickets in 10 matches at an economy of 8.75.
- Jeetan Patel has 10 wickets in as many matches but with a better economy of 7.02.
- The New Zealand off-spinner returned figures of 2-21 from four overs last time against Northamptonshire and he will look to replicate that performance here.
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM:
Warwickshire definitely has the edge in terms of their superior head-to-head record, but we feel that Durham due to their formidable top-order batting is better placed to win this match.
Click Here for Fantasy Picks