ABOUT THE MATCH
Defending champions Northern Warriors face Delhi Bulls in the second phase of the Abu Dhabi T10 League at the Sheikh Zayed Cricket Stadium on November 19.
Northern Warriors have started with a win in the league but they enter this game after the back of two poor defeats. Andre Russell is in excellent form, however, which is a big positive to carry forward.
Delhi Bulls also finished with two winless games a defeat to Karnataka Tuskers and a tie with Bangla Tigers. Ravi Rampaul continued his outstanding bowling form in the latter, however.
In the league, Teams that have batted second have won the most number of matches. So, whichever team wins the toss will choose to choose first.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
As usual, the Sheikh Zayed Cricket Stadium wicket has not been exclusively for the batsmen some fast bowlers, in particular, have thrived. It is still a batting wicket, however.
The forecast rain will not arrive overnight, so this game should take place in typically Emirati conditions.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Delhi Bulls
Paul Stirling, Kusal Perera (wk), Sherfane Rutherford, Eoin Morgan (c), Angelo Mathews, Mohammad Nabi, David Willey, Adil Rashid, Dushmantha Chameera, Ali Khan, Ravi Rampaul
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Northern Warriors
Lendl Simmons, Nicholas Pooran (wk), Andre Russell, Sam Billings, Darren Sammy (c), Rayad Emrit, Karim Janat, Chris Green, Nuwan Pradeep, Chris Wood, Ansh Tandon
- The arrival of Sherfane Rutherford and Mohammad Nabi bolstered a batting line-up that had been below par in the second game.
- Runs from the top order were needed, but Kusal Perera provided them last time out.
- Eoin Morgan led Delhi Bulls to victory in their opening game of T10 League, hitting an unbeaten half-century to lead a chase of 103 to beat Deccan Gladiators by seven wickets first up.
- They fell short against Karnataka Tuskers scoring just 91/8 in reply to 110/5 but finished with a tie against Team Abu Dhabi.
- Lendl Simmons could slot in at the top of the order and Karim Janat also features after they missed the start of this tournament due to international duty.
- Nicholas Pooran was suspended for West Indies’ series with Afghanistan but was also away he too could return now to bolster a struggling batting line-up.
- Two poor batting performances mean Northern Warriors have not lived up to expectations since their Andre Russell-inspired opening win.
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM:
Delhi Bulls are in a good momentum right now they might go with the same form and win this encounter.
Click here for Fantasy Picks.