ABOUT THE MATCH
Deccan Gladiators and Qalandars kick off the second phase of the 2019 Abu Dhabi T10 League, which is being played at the Sheikh Zayed Cricket Stadium. The match takes place on November 19.
The Gladiators lost their opening game but come into the ‘Super League’ phase of fixtures on the back of consecutive wins. Shane Watson top-scored in their first game and Kieron Pollard arrived to bat them to victory last time out. It is a strong line-up.
Qalandars, meanwhile, tied one, won one and then lost one of their first three fixtures. Dawid Malan, their captain, top-scored in two of those three games and Migael Pretorius has shown good bowling form too.
Both teams won the toss twice in the group stage, and both fielded first on both occasions – as is the norm in this competition.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
While the chance of rain increases in the very late evening, Tuesday’s fixtures should not be affected with conditions as they have been all week – hot, sunny and clear.
An even bounce makes the Sheikh Zayed wicket ideal for this tournament, where big-hitting rules the day.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Deccan Gladiators
Shane Watson (c), Mohammad Shahzad (wk), Anton Devcich, Kieron Pollard, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Ben Cutting, Migael Pretorius, Dan Lawrence, Sheldon Cottrell, Zahir Khan, Fawad Ahmed
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Qalandars
Tom Banton, Luke Ronchi (wk), Dawid Malan (c), Phil Salt, Jordan Clark, Chris Jordan, Seekkuge Prasanna, Samit Patel, Lahiru Kumara, George Garton, Mujeeb Ur Rahman
- Kieron Pollard wasted no time catching his flight from India to Abu Dhabi after West Indies’ limited-overs series with Afghanistan.
- He slotted straight into the team and delivered a man-of-the-match performance last time out in T10 League 2019.
- Sheldon Cottrell did not feature, but he is another option now available, who could slot in.
- After losing their opening game, Deccan Gladiators have come back strong with back-to-back wins.
- Shane Watson hit 57* in a total of 102/1 against Delhi Bulls first up, but they lost by seven wickets despite Zahir Khan’s 3-17.
- Watson top-scored again in a six-wicket against Bangla Tigers, however, after Migael Pretorius took 3-10 to limit the Tigers to 108/5.
- In the final game, meanwhile, Kieron Pollard’s arrival paid dividends as he smashed 45* from 22 balls to lead a chase of 111 to beat Karnataka Tuskers by five wickets.
- Mujeeb Ur Rahman arrives to bolster the Qalandars’ bowling line-up as they look to get back to winning ways after their heavy defeat in their final match in Group B.
- Samit Patel came into the team for Laurie Evans last time out, providing an extra bowling option and claiming 1-6 from hos solitary over. Whether they feel they need the extra batsman again after a poor batting display remains to be seen.
- Qalandars tied their first match with Team Abu Dhabi, reaching 103/3 in reply to 103/6, but they stormed to victory in their second Tom Banton hitting 53* and George Garton and Lahiru Kumara each claiming 3-10 as they posted 112/4 and bowled Northern Warriors out for 46.
- They were on the receiving end of a similarly heavy defeat last time out, however. Kumara took 2-34 as Maratha Arabians posted 107/8, but Qalandars could only limp to 60/4 in reply.
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM:
Deccan Gladiators finished the first group phase in resurgent form and they can carry that into this fixture with Qalandars.
Click here for Fantasy Picks.