ABOUT THE MATCH
Tshwane Spartans will face Cape Town Blitz in the 22nd fixture of Mzansi Super League 2019. The match is set to take place at Newlands, Cape Town on December 1.
The Spartans are on the top of the points table with a complete three-match win so far in the tournament. AB de Villiers’ unbeaten half-century helped them to win against Paarl Rocks by eight wickets and four overs to spare.
On the other hand, Cape Town Blitz has won three and lost four out of seven matches played so far. They failed to win against Durban Heat in the last match and are placed fourth in the points table.
Being a well-balanced pitch at Newlands, the team winning the toss is likely to field first.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
The pitch at Newlands is a balanced wicket that offers something for both the batsmen and the bowlers.
The weather at Newlands will be sunny with temperatures around the 20-degree Celcius and there is no threat of rain during the match.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Cape Town Blitz
Janneman Malan, Quinton de Kock (c, wk), David Bedingham, Liam Livingstone, Asif Ali, Mohammad Nawaz, Wahab Riaz, Sisanda Magala, Vernon Philander, Dale Steyn, Gregory Mahlokwana
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Tshwane Spartans
Theunis de Bruyn, Dean Elgar, AB de Villiers, Heinrich Klaasen (c, wk), Pite van Biljon, Wiaan Mulder, Roelof van der Merwe, Tom Curran, Morne Morkel, Lungi Ngidi, Lutho Sipamla
Cape Town Blitz
- Cape Town Blitz are in a desperate state with three back to back defeats.
- They failed to defeat Nelson Mandela Bay Giants and lost by five wickets in the final over.
- They even failed to chase a winning score of 164 to beat Paarl Rocks and ended up scoring 161/9.
- Despite Janneman Malan’s 75 against Durban Heat, they lost by seven wickets and three balls to spare.
- David Bedingham joined the team as a replacement for Marques Ackerman in the last match.
- Tshwane Spartans are with three wins and three no results from the six matches played so far.
- AB de Villiers has brought win against both Jozi Stars and Paarl Rocks with his half-centuries.
- Tshwane Spartans are likely to stick with that same XI again.
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM:
Tshwane Spartans are in an excellent form so far, and they are favorites to beat the Blitz in this encounter.
Click Here for Fantasy Picks.