ABOUT THE MATCH
The 6th Match of Mzasni Super League 2019 is between Cape Town Blitz and Jozi Stars on November 14 at the Newlands, Capetown.
Cape Town Blitz is in a good form, but they have lost badly to Paarl Rocks by 87 runs. When the Rocks set them a target of 171 runs, they were unsuccessful in chasing it down and ended their innings for just 84 runs.
On the other hand, Jozi Stars, who have lost their opening two matches, will hope to win this encounter and start their winning streak against the Cape Town Blitz.
According to the ground statistics, out of the 12 matches played at the venue, 8 matches have been won by the side batting second. The team which wins the toss will choose to bowl first.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
The pitch at Newlands is a batting-friendly pitch. We can expect some huge scores on the board. And the average total of the first innings at this venue is 149.
According to the forecast, the day will remain pleasant with clear skies and the good part is that there is no chance of rain.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Cape Town Blitz
Janneman Malan, Quinton de Kock (c/wk), Liam Livingstone, Mohammad Nawaz, Aviwe Mgijima, George Linde, Wahab Riaz, Vernon Philander, Sisanda Magala, Dale Steyn, Anrich Nortje
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Jozi Stars
Chris Gayle, Reeza Hendricks, Temba Bavuma (c), Rassie van der Dussen, Daniel Christian, Ryan Rickelton (wk), Simon Harmer, Delano Potgieter, Kagiso Rabada, Dane Paterson, Aaron Phangiso
Cape Town Blitz
- Cape Town Blitz will have to make a change to their line-up for this upcoming match against Jozi Stars.
- Moeen Ali will not be available for the remaining as he is participating in the T10 league and Wahab Riaz will fill his shoes.
- Riaz’s experience can boost the pace department.
- Currently, they are placed at the 3rd spot in the table.
- They had a decent start to the tournament by winning against Jozi Stars.
- But they have faced a huge defeat at the hands of Paarl Rocks.
- Jozi Stars made a couple of changes to their side in the last match against Nelson Mandela Bay Giants by dropping Nono Pongolo and Duanne Olivier to make room for Delano Potgieter and Aaron Phangiso.
- They might go with the same playing Xl despite a loss in their previous game.
- Currently, they are placed at the bottom of the league table.
- They have suffered their first loss against Cape Town Blitz and 2nd against Nelson Mandela Bay Giants.
- Jozi Stars are desperately searching for their first win of the league.
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM:
Cape Town Blitz has a slight edge over Jozi Stars because of the home advantage. We back Cape Town Blitz in this encounter.
Click here for Fantasy picks.