ABOUT THE MATCH
Shivamogga Lions will look to get back to winning ways when the Karnataka Premier League action restarts with their game against Belagavi Panthers. The game, the first to be played at Mysore in this year’s competition, takes place on August 25 and the
While the Lions, who had won their first three games, lost for the first time last time out, the Panthers won their first game of the 2019 tournament. Both results were comprehensive, with Manish Pandey’s arrival has been key for the Panthers so far.
The Lions are favorites, however – they won three in a row at the start of the tournament and will remain firmly on track for a semi-final spot if they get back to winning ways straight away. The key will be nullifying Pandey.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
The move to Mysore is not going to immediately produce better weather, but it is set to get better with initial forecasts of thunderstorms making way for cloudy conditions later in the day on Sunday.
The bowler-friendly Mysore wicket has been untested at the KPL so far this season – the pitch is a fresh one and the seamers and spinners will hope it produces some assistance for them.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Belagavi Panthers
Ravikumar Samarth, Dikshansu Negi, Shubhang Hegde, Manish Pandey (c), Kaunain Abbas (wk), Abhinav Manohar, MB Darshan, Arshdeep Singh, Rithesh Bhatkal, D Avinash, Zahoor Farooqi
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Shivamogga Lions
Arjun Hoysala, Nihal Ullal (wk), Akshay Ballal, Pavan Deshpande, HS Sharath, Mohanram Nidesh, K Rohit, Manjunath, Abhimanyu Mithun (c), Prithviraj Shekhawat, T Pradeep
- Stalin Hoover made way for MB Darshan last time out but the remainder of the team was unchanged and the Panthers’ faith was rewarded with an overdue win.
- It could be the same winning XI which faces Shivamogga after Darshan picked up three wickets.
- Belagavi Panthers’ performances have improved since Manish Pandey’s arrival. He scored 102* from 50 balls against Hubli Tigers but the Panthers failed to defend 180/7 in a five-wicket defeat.
- Last time out, meanwhile, MB Darshan took 3-27 on his first appearance of the season as the Panthers restricted Bengaluru Blasters to 110/8. With Pandey in top form, they needed just 11.5 overs to seal an eight-wicket win.
- Akshay Ballal returned in a shake-up to the balance of the Shivamogga line-up as Rishabh Singh made way.
- His batting was good, however, before Krishnappa Gowtham’s onslaught ripped through the Lions.
- Shivamogga Lions won three in a row to start with, beating Hubli Tigers, Mysuru Warriors, and Bengaluru Blasters to take control of the group.
- They had no answer for Krishnappa Gowtham’s bowling against Bellary Tuskers last time out, however. Chasing 204 to win, they were carted for 133.
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM:
Belagavi Panthers got their much-needed win last time out, but the Lions started the tournament well too and can get back to winning ways if they can nullify Pandey.
Click Here for Fantasy Picks