ABOUT THE MATCH
Belagavi Panthers and Hubli Tigers meet in Mysore in the second qualifier of the Karnataka Premier League 2019 play-offs. The winner will advance to the final to face Bellary Tuskers. The second qualifier takes place on August 30.
Belagavi Panthers won their final three league games but go into this game against Hubli Tigers having lost the first qualifier to Bellary Tuskers. In that game, they conceded 201/7 and could only reach 164/7 in reply after a sticky start.
Hubli Tigers, meanwhile, have won four of their last five matches and have found form at just the right time. Vinay Kumar (55) and KB Pawan (56*) led them to victory against Shivamogga Lions in the eliminator, as they helped the Tigers to 190/5. Mitrakanth Yadav and Abhilash Shetty both took three wickets each in reply as they bowled the Lions out for 170.
Neither side won the toss in their first play-off fixture, but the Tigers may be happy to bat first again – as they were asked to last time out – if they win the toss.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
After more isolated thunderstorms earlier in the day, the evening should instead just be cloudy with a low chance of rain and temperatures no higher than 26 degrees Celsius.
Mysore has been a batsman’s wicket in this year’s tournament. Scores in advance of 200 have not been uncommon and anything less than 190 will give the chasing side some hope.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Belagavi Panthers
Ravikumar Samarth, Stalin Hoover, Arshdeep Singh, Kaunain Abbas (c, wk), Abihnav Manohar, Dikshansu Negi, Shubhang Hegde, MB Darshan, Rithesh Bhatkal, D Avinash, Zahoor Farooqi
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Hubli Tigers
Mohammed Taha, Luvnith Sisodia, Vinay Kumar, KB Pawan, Krishnan Shrijith, Shreyas Gopal, Praveen Dubey, Aditya Somanna, David Mathias, Mitrakanth Yadav, Abhilash Shetty
- With Manish Pandey captaining the India A team against South Africa A, Belagavi have a batting slot to fill. Arshdeep Singh has been tried there, while it was S Rakishith last time out.
- Neither has caught the eye yet, however, so there is plenty to ponder for the Panthers.
- Belagavi Panthers won their last three group stage matches but missed Manish Pandey in their first qualifier.
- Having warmed up for the play-offs with a seven-wicket win against Bijapur Bulls, they fell short against the Bellary Tuskers.
- Set 202 to win, Abhinav Manohar hit 62* but it was a largely alone cause as the Panthers finished well short on 164/7.
- Shreyas Gopal’s late arrival has given the Tigers a timely boost. With KB Pawan back in the time – and batting well last time out – the Tigers were unchanged for their eliminator win against Shivamogga Lions and are likely to stick with the same XI again.
- Hubli Tigers go into this game on the back of four wins in their last five games of Karnataka Premier League.
- They booked their play-off place with a seven-wicket win against Bengaluru Blasters – Vinay Kumar navigating the chase of 159 to win with ease.
- They then earned a place in this fixture with a big win against Shivamogga Lions. Vinay Kumar and KB Pawan both hit half-centuries in a total of 190/5, before Mitrakanth Yadav and Abhilash Shetty each took three wickets to restrict the Lions to 170.
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM:
Click Here for Fantasy Picks