ABOUT THE MATCH
Bangladesh is lucky to have won its previous match against Zimbabwe and will be pretty short of confidence heading into this second encounter against it. Both the teams have lost to Afghanistan convincingly since that opening match and now have to fight among themselves to make it to the final.
Every team has two more group matches left and with Afghanistan more or less guaranteed of a spot in the final, this contest between Bangladesh and Zimbabwe becomes very important.
The next round of group matches, beginning with this match, is going to be played in Chattogram.
Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe T20 Bangladesh Tri-series 2019 is going to be played at the Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium, Chattogram on the 18th of September 2019.
The team that wins the toss is going to want to bat first and take advantage of the best time to bat.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe T20 Bangladesh Tri-series 2019 is going to be played at the Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium, Chattogram on the 18th of September 2019. There are some scattered thunderstorms predicted on match day in Bangladesh but the possibility of that happening is not too high.
We should hopefully be able to get a full match in without any interruptions. The pitch in Chattogram is better for batting than in Dhaka. We are likely to see more runs and more boundaries than we have so far.
Top Order Analysis:
Middle Order Analysis:
Top Order and Middle Order Analysis:
Top bowlers Analysis:
- The knives are out in Bangladesh cricket and the team is under tremendous pressure after losing to Afghanistan yet again.
- The realization that Bangladesh needs more pace and some variation in the bowling attack seems to be clear.
- Bangladesh is not going to make the mistake of underestimating Zimbabwe again and should come into this match with better plans.
- Shakib Al Hasan is going to have to start doing some brilliant things to help change the fortunes of his team around.
|Top 3 batsman Bangladesh||Top 3 Middle Order Bangladesh||Top 3 Bowler Bangladesh|
|Liton Das||Mahmudullah||Mohammad Saifuddin|
|Mushfiqur Rahim (wk)||Sabbir Rahman||Rubel Hossain|
|Shakib Al Hasan (c)||Afif Hossain||Mustafizur Rahman|
- It is difficult being a Zimbabwe cricketer right now. The team has been suspended from the ICC membership and the only reason why this tour is going ahead is that Bangladesh is funding it. The team does not know when it is going to be playing international cricket regularly again.
- This means that the following game for Zimbabwe is of tremendous importance. If they lose, they are out of the tri-series and the match against Afghanistan is not going to hold any significance.
- Players like Brendan Taylor, Hamilton Masakadza, Craig Ervine, and Sean Williams are very experienced T20 players. They certainly have the batting talent to be able to get the necessary runs to win.
- They are also going to aware of the turmoil that Bangladesh cricket is in right now and look to capitalize.
- The bowling has been a concern for Zimbabwe in this tournament. Its bowling unit was unable to get the job done after having Bangladesh on the ropes and went for way too many runs against Afghanistan.
|Top 3 batsman Zimbabwe||Top 3 Middle Order Zimbabwe||Top 3 Bowler Zimbabwe|
|Brendan Taylor (wk)||Sean Williams||Christopher Mpofu|
|Hamilton Masakadza (c)||Timycen Maruma||Ainsley Ndlovu|
|Craig Ervine||Tinotenda Mutombodzi||Tendai Chatara|
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM:
Bangladesh beat Zimbabwe in their first meeting and, while they then lost to Afghanistan, they will expect to get back to winning ways in this match.
Click Here for Fantasy Picks.