ABOUT THE MATCH
Bangladesh is coming into this tri-series having suffered a humiliating 224-run defeat against Afghanistan in a one-off test match at Chattogram. Prior to that, they had toured Sri Lanka in the month of July for a three-match one-day international series.
Bangladesh had a torrid time on that tour where they were humbled in each of the three matches. Zimbabwe’s previous international assignment came in Ireland where they played three ODIs and as many T20Is against the hosts.
And since the pitch is expected to remain good for batting throughout the duration of the game, the team that wins the toss here will probably prefer to chase.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
A lot of rain has been forecast for the entire week in Dhaka. There is a strong chance of heavy downpours accompanied by thunderstorms on Friday evening and so we could have a shortened game if there is any play at all. Temperature is expected to be around 26 degrees Celsius and humidity close to 86%.
150 is the average first innings score at this ground in T20 internationals. Spinners are likely to perform better in these conditions than fast bowlers.
Top Order Analysis:
Middle Order Analysis:
Top Order and Middle Order Analysis:
Top bowlers Analysis:
- Zimbabwe is struggling big time in the shortest format of the game and has lost 12 out of their last 14 T20 internationals.
- After suffering a 0-2 whitewash at the hands of the Proteas in South Africa last year in October, they lost 0-1 to the Netherlands at Rotterdam in June before drawing the two-match T20I series against Ireland at Bready in July.
- Zimbabwe put up an impressive batting performance in their convincing eight-wicket win last time out, chasing Ireland’s 171 with 20 balls to spare
|Top 3 batsman Zimbabwe||Top 3 Middle Order Zimbabwe||Top 3 Bowler Zimbabwe|
|Brendan Taylor||Sean Williams||Chris Mpofu|
|Hamilton Masakadza||Timycen Maruma||Tendai Chatara|
|Craig Ervine||Ryan Burl||Neville Madziva|
- Bangladesh has played their last six T20 internationals against the West Indies out of which they have won three and lost as many.
- They beat the Windies 2-1 on their tour of the Caribbean and the USA last year in July-August but lost to them 1-2 in a three-game home series later in December.
- Bangladesh managed to win only five out of the sixteen T20Is they played last year. In the Nidahas Twenty20 Tri-Series held in Sri Lanka, they defeated the hosts in both their encounters against them but lost to India in the final.
|Top 3 batsman Bangladesh||Top 3 Middle Order Bangladesh||Top 3 Bowler Bangladesh|
|Soumya Sarkar||Mushfiqur Rahim||Mahedi Hasan|
|Liton Das||Sabbir Rahman||Taijul Islam|
|Shakib Al Hasan||Mahmudullah||Mustafizur Rahman|
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM:
Bangladesh is a pretty strong team with quite a few match-winners in their ranks and it will be very tough for Zimbabwe to beat them in their own conditions.
Click Here for Fantasy Picks.