ABOUT THE MATCH
The second semi-final of Pakistan National T20 Cup 2019 will be played between Balochistan and Southern Punjab on October 23 at the Iqbal Stadium, Faisalabad.
Balochistan finished second in the group stage after winning three out of five games. On the other hand, Southern Punjab finished third on the points table with 2 wins from 5 matches, with one of them being washed out.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
The pitch assists bowlers more than batsmen. The pacers can exploit the swing on offer.
The weather at Iqbal Stadium on Wednesday is expected to be clear without any threat of rain. The temperature would be around 26 degrees Celsius with a few clouds hovering around.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF BALOCHISTAN:
Imam-ul-Haq, Awais Zia, Bismillah Khan, Imran Butt, Hussain Talat, Taimur Khan/Haris Sohail, Amad Butt, Yasir Shah, Umar Gul, Mohammad Asghar, Akif Javed.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Southern Punjab :
Shan Masood, Mohammad Hafeez, Shoaib Maqsood, Shoaib Malik, Wahab Riaz, Saif Badar, Umar Siddiq, Aamer Yamin, Bilawal Bhatti, Zahid Mahmood, Mohammad Irfan.
- Balochistan would hope for a better performance after being defeated by Northern Pakistan.
- In the match against Southern Punjab, Imam-ul-Haq and Awais Zia will open the innings for Balochistan.
- The wicket-keeper batsmen Bismillah Khan and Imran Butt will follow the openers.
- Skipper Haris Sohail missed the last game against Northern Punjab but is not yet known whether he will return for this game.
- Southern Punjab has knocked out Sindh by 34 runs earlier this week with the arrivals of Mohammad Hafeez and Shoaib Malik.
- In the match against Balochistan, Skipper Shan Masood will open the innings along with veteran all-rounder Mohammad Hafeez.
- Shoaib Maqsood and Shoaib Malik will form the backbone of the middle-order along with wicket-keeper batsman Umar Siddiq.
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM:
With Balochistan being ahead of Southern Punjab in the group stage of the tournament, they are favorites to win the match.
Click here for Fantasy Picks.