ABOUT THE MATCH
Australia is leading 2-0 in the three-match series of the Sri Lanka Tour of Australia. The final clash will take place at Melbourne Cricket Ground on November 1.
At the MCG, four out of five T20 Internationals have been won by the side batting second. Moreover, since the pitch is unlikely to change after the first period of play, the toss-winning team will probably prefer to chase.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
The pitch at the MCG generally tends to offer something for both batsmen and bowlers. Bounce is expected to remain consistent throughout the match.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF AUSTRALIA
David Warner, Aaron Finch (c), Steven Smith, Ben McDermott/Sean Abbott, Ashton Turner, Alex Carey (wk), Ashton Agar, Pat Cummins, Kane Richardson, Adam Zampa, Billy Stanlake
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Sri Lanka
Danushka Gunathilaka, Kusal Mendis, Avishka Fernando, Kusal Perera (wk), Niroshan Dickwella, Dasun Shanaka, Wanindu Hasaranga/Lahiru Kumara, Isuru Udana, Lakshan Sandakan, Lasith Malinga (c), Nuwan Pradeep
- Australia clinched a nine-wicket victory in the 2nd T20 after defeating them in the first match by a huge margin.
- The Aussies have dominated Sri Lanka with both bat and ball in the ongoing T20I series.
- Their bowlers are giving the visitors a tough time by restricting them to 99 and 117.
- Australia will be missing Glenn Maxwell in this third T20I as the all-rounder has taken an indefinite break from cricket citing mental health issues.
- Either pacer Sean Abbott or batsman Ben McDermott are expected to make their way into the squad.
- With the series already in their grasp, the Aussies are likely to give Billy Stanlake another game.
- Sri Lanka has so far managed to win only four out of the twelve T20 matches played this year.
- Before Australia’s tour, Sri Lanka clean-swept Pakistan 3-0.
- But Sri Lanka couldn’t continue that winning ways in the ongoing tour.
- Their batsmen are finding it difficult to adjust to the Australian conditions and the bowlers are struggling to hit the right areas.
- Sri Lanka has dropped Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Oshada Fernando, and Kasun Rajitha and picked up Avishka Fernando, Niroshan Dickwella and Isuru Udana for the side.
- They are expected to make at least one change for their final game of the tour.
- Skipper Lasith Malinga will continue to lead Sri Lanka’s bowling attack.
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM:
As Australia is looking much superior at home, they are favorites to complete a 3-0 sweep in the series.
Click Here for Fantasy Picks.