ABOUT THE MATCH
Australia begins its preparations for hosting the upcoming ICC T20 World Cup with a three-game home series against Sri Lanka. The first T20I will take place at the Adelaide Oval on October 27.
Australia has not played any T20I cricket since they beat India in February. This series will see the return of Steve Smith and David Warner into the shortest formats.
On the other hand, Sri Lanka has recently won 3-0 over Pakistan. The squad for that tour was completely changed due to security concerns but they are back to full strength now.
Sri Lanka has won the toss in its two matches and took to bat first. The Adelaide Oval could demand a similar choice this time out.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
The Adelaide Oval is continued to be a batting wicket and the team which wins the toss will go to bat first.
Though cool and cloudy throughout the day in Adelaide, the chance of rain is very low and conditions should generally be good for cricket.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Australia
Aaron Finch (c), David Warner, Glenn Maxwell, Alex Carey (wk), Steve Smith, Ashton Turner, Billy Stanlake, Kane Richardson, Mitchell Starc, Pat Cummins, Adam Zampa
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Sri Lanka
Kusal Mendis, Danushka Gunathilaka, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Oshada Fernando, Niroshan Dickwella (wk), Kusal Perera, Wanindu Hasaranga, Lasith Malinga, Nuwan Pradeep, Kasun Rajitha, Lahiru Kumara
- Skipper Aaron Finch is an injury doubt due to a side strain, even though he is set to start the series.
- Australia is likely to go with Alex Carey as captain of the team if Finch is not risked.
- D’Arcy Short and Marcus Stoinis has been dropped backing Steve Smith and David Warner.
- Australia won their most recent T20I series against India in February.
- After drawing in Australia a couple of months earlier, the Aussies started by winning a low-scoring thriller, hitting 14 off the final over to chase 127 in a three-wicket win.
- Glenn Maxwell hammered 113* from 55 balls as Australia reached 194/3 to seal a seven-wicket win with three balls remaining. Maxwell hit seven fours and nine sixes in that innings.
- Sri Lanka is set to go with Lasith Malinga, Kusal Mendis, Kusal Perera and some of the lesser-known stars who impressed in Pakistan.
- Bhanuka Rajapaksa and Oshada Fernado both impressed on their T20i debuts are retained.
- Despite of experienced players in the match against Pakistan, Sri Lanka made a victory on the grounds of hosts.
- Nuwan Pradeep was in excellent bowling form as they bowled the hosts out for 101 in the first match and 147 in the second.
- Bhanuka Rajapaksa had earlier hit 77 in the second game, as Sri Lanka posted 182.
- In the final match of the series, with Pradeep rested, Oshada Fernando’s debut knock of 78* from 48 balls helped Sri Lanka to 147/7, and they restricted Pakistan to 134/6 in reply.
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM:
Australia are favorites to beat Sri Lanka on home soil as they look to make a winning start to their build-up to next year’s T20 World Cup.
Click Here for Fantasy Picks.