ABOUT THE MATCH
With their backs already stacked against the wall, South Africa face Australia in their final World Cup encounter.
Both will be looking to win for different reasons. It’s been a World Cup to forget for the Proteas, arguably their worst in history, and they’ll be desperate to register a win to finish on a high note.
Australia, on the other hand, is currently flying high at the top-most position at the ladder and another win here will ascertain them the first position.
The two teams are set to lock horns at Old Trafford, Manchester on 6th July in an evening game.
- The team winning the toss is likely to want to bat first. The pitch starts to slow up a little and help the spinners so bowling second is definitely going to be an advantage
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
- Australia vs South Africa ICC World Cup 2019 is going to be played at Old Trafford, Manchester.
- The pitch in Manchester is good for batting. It helped the spinners a little in the previous matches and we are sure that is going to be the case this time around also.
- The big outfields are helpful for the spinners as well.
Individual Team Winning Percentage:
Top Order Analysis:
- Both teams top order looks stronger.
Middle Order Analysis:
- Both teams middle order looks similar.
Top Order and Middle Order Analysis:
- On paper, South Africa looks much stronger than Australia.
Top bowlers Analysis:
- Both, teams have one key player in taking wickets.
- With a nine-wicket win in their previous encounter, against Sri Lanka, South Africa regained a tinge of pride and will be looking to continue to build on the momentum.
- It’s been a remarkably poor tournament for the Proteas.
- Even though South Africa’s bowling has done reasonably well in the tournament, there have been instances of Rabada looking a little fatigued. Chris Morris and Imran Tahir, on the other hand, have been exceptional with Morris often ending up with a higher economy.
- The introduction of Dwaine Pretorius in the previous match was an inspirational change for the Proteas, which brought them a much-needed win.
- Despite a couple of hiccups, their bowling has performed as per the expectations whereas their batting has failed to fire whenever it needed to be.
- All in all, South Africa are an evenly balanced side which looks as strong as any on paper.
|Top 3 batsman South Africa
|Top 3 Middle Order South Africa
|Top 3 Bowler South Africa
|Q De Kock
|Faf Du Plessis
|Van der Dussen
- Rewind two years back and no one would have imagined Australia being in the position they’re currently in the ongoing tournament.
- They’ve played fantastic cricket and gave excellent performance in all departments of the game and have appeared to be the most balanced and complete team of the competition.
- David Warner and Aaron Finch have scored truckloads of runs in the tournament so far which is the main reason for Australia’s dominant performance in the competition.
- The middle order has also chipped in when presented with an opportunity which has given their management plenty of confidence.
- Mitchell Starc has been the leading wicket-taker in the tournament, with 24 wickets to his name until now, and is in the race to earn the player of the tournament.
- The top position is at stake in this encounter, the Aussies are expected to come out all guns blazing, and if they’re able to put up a performance similar to what they’ve done in the tournament thus far, it should be an easy win for them.
|Top 3 batsman Australia
|Top 3 Middle Order Australia
|Top 3 Bowler Australia
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR Australia VS South Africa 45TH ODI ICC CRICKET WORLD CUP 2019 ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
|IF South Africa Bat First
|IF Australia Bat First
|Q de Kock
|F du Plessis
|V de Dussen
|F du Plessis
*Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team, consider the points mentioned and make your own decision.*