ABOUT THE MATCH
After registering a victory against Pakistan, the host will play their concluding Test match at the Adelaide Oval, with the Day-Night test taking place between November 29 and December 3.
Centuries by David Warner and Marnus Labuschagne led Australia to a win in the first test by an innings and five runs.
On the other hand, Mitchell Starc’s four-wicket haul helped Pakistan to be bowled out for 335.
The pitch at Adelaide Oval is a bowling wicket and the team winning the toss is likely to field first.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
Adelaide Oval was generally a batting pitch but after it has been renewed, it is likely to offer something to the bowlers.
The weather forecast shows some heavy rains on the second and third days with temperatures at low-20s.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF AUSTRALIA
David Warner, Joe Burns, Marnus Labuschagne, Steve Smith, Travis Head, Matthew Wade, Tim Paine (c, wk), Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc, Josh Hazlewood, Nathan Lyon
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF PAKISTAN
Imam-ul-Haq, Shan Masood, Azhar Ali (c), Asad Shafiq, Babar Azam, Haris Sohail, Mohammad Rizwan (wk), Shaheen Afridi, Yasir Shah, Naseem Shah, Mohammad Abbas
- Australia opened the series with a 1-0 lead against Pakistan.
- Mitchell Starc’s four wickets restricted Pakistan to 335 runs.
- David Warner, Joe Burns and Marnus Labuschagne dominated the first Test with the bat.
- James Pattinson missed the first Test due to his suspension and will be joining the team soon.
- Australia is likely to with the same team for the second Test match.
- Pakistan played its first Test in the ICC World Test Championship.
- It collapsed from 75 without loss to 78/4 in the first innings.
- Babar Azam’s century and Mohammad Rizwan’s 95 couldn’t halt the Aussie firepower.
- Mohammad Abbas will join the team in the second Test.
- They may come up with a changed batting line-up.
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM:
Australia, who got off to a winning start, are favorites to win the second Test against Pakistan.
Click here for Fantasy Picks.