ABOUT THE MATCH
Assam will be taking on Puducherry in their Plate Group match of Vijay Hazare Trophy 2019 on 17 October at Abhimanyu Cricket Academy, Dehradun. Both the teams would not like to let their winning momentum slip away so easily, as currently, both the teams are at the top of the points table.
Puducherry played very well in their last game against Manipur and knocked them out with 9 wickets. At present, Puducherry leads the points table with 6 wins from 8 games.
Assam, with its consistent display, is placed in the third position. Assam’s bowling against Meghalaya in their last game was eye-catching, and they would want to continue in a similar vein against Puducherry.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Assam
Gokul Sharma/P Das, Pallavkumar Das, Arup Das, Sibsankar Roy (c), Pritam Das, Swarupam Purkayastha, Wasiqur Rahman (wk), Mrinmoy Dutta, Riyan Parag, Hrishikesh Tamuli, Roshan Alam
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Puducherry
Vinay Kumar, Arun Karthik, Paras Dogra, Suresh Kumar, Fabid Ahmed, S Karthik (wk), Santha Moorthy, Vikneshwaran Marimuthu, Ashith Sanganakal, Damodaren Rohit (c), Sagar Udeshi
- Assam, who won all their previous four matches, would be looking for their fifth straight win of the season.
- Pallavkumar Das and S Purkayastha got out for a duck in the last match, but their consistency may allow them to retain their places in the team.
- Assam skipper SA Roy top-scored with an unbeaten 54-ball 69.
- On the bowling front, Roshan Alam scalped four wickets while AK Das picked up three for the winning team and it is expected they would play a significant role in the upcoming clash too.
- Gokul Sharma can make ways for P Das in this game.
- Puducherry have won their last four games methodically.
- Arun Karthik and Damodaren Rohit will open the inning for Assam while Karthik top-scored with an unbeaten 43-ball 67 for the winning side.
- Suresh Kumar, S Karthik, Paras Dogra, Fabid Ahmed will follow in the batting-order.
- In the bowling department, Vinay Kumar scalped four wickets while SP Udeshi picked up three wickets over Manipur.
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM:
Puducherry has topped the points table winning six out of eight matches. Assam, which is in third place, is likely to return to winning ways.
Click Here for Fantasy Picks.