ABOUT THE MATCH
Afghanistan is on terrific victory against Bangladesh and Afghanistan in the last matches, but when they do, they’ll be brimming with confidence. Their team thrived well under the captaincy of Rashid Khan, who himself was exceptional in both the departments of the game. The match is set to be played on Friday, 20th September at Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium, Chattogram.
And since the pitch is expected to remain good for batting throughout the duration of the game, the team that wins the toss here will probably prefer to chase.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
As seen on Wednesday, the pitch does play well although there is some help for the spinners as well. 170 is a par score here with there being no threat of rain for this game. Teams should prefer chasing on this pitch with dew playing a part as well.
Top Order Analysis:
Middle Order Analysis:
Top and Middle Order Analysis:
- Time is running out fast for Zimbabwe to make an impact as they face their final game of the tri-series against Afghanistan on Friday.
- Zimbabwe should bring back Craig Ervine to the top of the order with Regis Chakabva not troubling the scorers against Bangladesh on Wednesday
- Senior players, Sean Williams and Brendan Taylor haven’t been able to convert their starts and would be expected to come good in their final game of the tri-series.
|Top 3 batsman Zimbabwe||Top 3 Middle Order Zimbabwe||Top 3 Bowler Zimbabwe|
|Brendan Taylor||R Chakabva||N Madziva|
|Hamilton Masakadza||T Mutombodzi||Tendai Chatara|
|Craig Ervine||Ryan Burl||S Williams|
- A couple of changes are on the cards for Afghanistan with vital game time on offer for Dawlat Zadran and Naveen ul Haq. Fareed Malik and Karim Janat should make way for them while the duo of Rashid Khan and Mujeeb ur Rahman remain the key for Afghanistan’s success
- Their batting unit should remain more or less the same although Hazratullah Zazai hasn’t been in the best of form.
- Ashgar Afghan, Mohd Nabi, and Najibullah Zadran have been in sensational form in the middle order although it is the emergence of Rahmanullah that has turned heads among the bowling, Afghanistan must hope that the pitch is going to help the spinners.
|Top 3 batsman Afghanistan||Top 3 Middle Order Afghanistan||Top 3 Bowler Afghanistan|
|R Gurbaz||A Afghan||R Khan|
|H Zazai||N Zadran||G Naib|
|N Tarkai||M Nabi||Fareed Malik|
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM:
Afghanistan beat Zimbabwe in their first meeting and also won on the host Bangladesh, they will expect to get back to winning ways in this match too.
Click Here for Fantasy Picks.