ABOUT THE MATCH
The ICC World Cup 2019 has come to life and the race for the semi-final is turning out to be very close. All the people that were saying that the last two weeks of the cricket world cup are going to be filled with non-consequential matches have been proved wrong.
Afghanistan is still looking for a win in the ICC World Cup 2019. Eight losses from eight matches have showcased the work it still has to do in the 50 over format. Afghanistan’s performances in the last two matches have been better and they nearly beat India as well.
West Indies vs Afghanistan ICC World Cup 2019 is going to be played at Headingley, Leeds, on the 4th of July 2019.
- The team winning the toss is likely to want to bat first. Both teams would want runs on the board and then try to create pressure with their bowling.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
- West Indies vs Afghanistan ICC World Cup 2019 is going to be played at Headingley, Leeds. Summer finally seems to have come to England, and we are promised an excellent day for cricket on match day.
- Leeds is a ground where the bowlers always have a little bit to work with although the pitch settles down and becomes good for batting later on. Both sides have some good spinners but there is not going to be too much help for them.
Individual Team Winning Percentage:
Top Order Analysis:
- West Indies, Top order looks stronger than Afghanistan.
Middle Order Analysis:
- Both teams middle order looks similar.
Top Order and Middle Order Analysis:
- West Indies Top order looks stronger than Afghanistan on the other hand middle order looks Similar.
Top bowlers Analysis:
- Afghanistan has maintained a good economy rate and taking wickets.
- A good bowling performance against India and then Bangladesh would have given it some hope going into the match against West Indies. On both occasions, there were some real opportunities for it to try and get a win under its belt, but the batting was not up to the mark.
- It also seems that the Afghan players are more comfortable playing against their Asian opponents than some of the other teams they have come across. Afghanistan pushed Sri Lanka to the edge, had India on the ropes, and gave Bangladesh a scare as well.
- West Indies batting is shaky, and Afghanistan must believe that it can cause it to crumble.
- The batting for Afghanistan has been an absolute disaster.
|Top 3 batsman Afghanistan||Top 3 Middle Order Afghanistan||Top 3 Bowler Afghanistan|
|G Naib||A Afghan||Mujeeb UR Rahman|
|R Shah||M Nabi||M Nabi|
|H Shahidi||Najibullah Zadran||R Khan|
- West Indies started their campaign in a terrific manner, beating Pakistan rather single-handedly, and were being tipped as a potential surprise package thereafter. Also, their win over New Zealand in the warm-ups highlighted their batting prowess wherein they racked up 421 runs batting first.
- Since their first win, however, they’ve struggled to finish off games despite coming into pretty decent positions. They looked well settled to emerge on top against Australia and were left heartbroken in their last over defeat to New Zealand.
- Just like Sri Lanka, their bowling has done reasonably well, albeit not as good in death overs, but their batting has struggled to close out games for them.
- West Indies, just like Afghanistan, are going through a rebuilding phase and most of their players do not have much experience of playing in England.
- Their bowling has done well so far, but their batting has cracked under pressure way too often in the tournament.
|Top 3 batsman West Indies||Top 3 Middle Order West Indies||Top 3 Bowler West Indies|
|C Gayle||S Hetymer||S Cottrell|
|S Hope||J Holder||K Roach|
|S Ambris||C Brathwaite||O Thomas|
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR Afghanistan VS West Indies 42nd ODI ICC CRICKET WORLD CUP 2019 ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
|IF West Indies Bat First||IF Afghanistan Bat First|
|N Pooran||A Afghan|
|S Hope||Najibullah Zadran|
|S Hetymer||R Shah|
|C Gayle||H Shahidi|
|J Holder||M Nabi|
|K Roach||G Naib|
|S Cottrell||Mujeeb UR Rahman|
|Mujjeb UR Rahman||K Roach|
|G Naib||S Cottrell|
|M Nabi||J Holder|
|H Zazai||N Pooran|
*Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team, consider the points mentioned and make your own decision.*