ABOUT THE MATCH
Afghanistan will take on West Indies in their T20 game on November 14 at Ekana Stadium, Lucknow.
West Indies are in prime form after winning the ODI series against Afghanistan. Their players have been performing very well in the series so far. They have a great chance of winning the T20 series too.
On the other hand, Afghanistan is struggling with team equations. They are in a desperate stage to restore their pride in the T20s.
WI has won the toss twice and in both the cases, they have opted to field first. So, they might continue the same in this match too.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
The pitch at Ekana Stadium has helped bowlers during the ODI series. Batsman will find the going slightly tough.
Fortunately, there’s no chance of rainfall and Lucknow is all set to be warm and humid for the match day.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF AFGHANISTAN
Rahmanullah Gurbaz (wk), Hazratullah Zazai, Asghar Afghan, Najibullah Zadran, Mohammad Nabi, Karim Janat, Gulbadin Naib, Rashid Khan (c), Sharafuddin Ashraf, Fareed Ahmad, Mujeeb Ur Rahman
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF WEST INDIES
Evin Lewis, Lendl Simmons, Brandon King, Nicholas Pooran (wk), Shimron Hetmyer, Kieron Pollard (c), Jason Holder, Khary Pierre, Hayden Walsh Jr, Sheldon Cottrell, Alzarri Joseph
- Rashid Khan will lead the side.
- The team’s biggest change will be Rahmanullah Gurbaz, who will take the place of Ikram Alikhil in the T20 Squad.
- Afghanistan’s unbeatable streak has come to an end in the recent series with Bangladesh and Zimbabwe.
- It could be a tough fight for Afghanistan to snatch a win against the mighty Windies.
- Unfortunately, Shai Hope will not be a part of the squad.
- West Indies will look to turn their fortunes by ending their losing streak in the T20s.
- They have suffered a whitewash against India and England.
- Brandon King, who has made his ODI debut in the final game of the ODI series, is likely to play in the T20I series too, after his fine form in the Caribbean Premier League.
- Hayden Walsh Jr was also in excellent form in that tournament, as was Lendl Simmons, and all three could feature in this game.
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM:
Since West Indies are in great form after beating Afghanistan in the ODI series, they might continue the same trend in this game too.
Click here for Fantasy Picks.