ABOUT THE MATCH
Afghanistan will take on West Indies in their 2nd T20 game on November 16 at Ekana Stadium, Lucknow.
West Indies have started off the T20 series on a high by winning the 1st T20I game. They now look to carry forward the same spirit into the 2nd T20I game as well. WI skipper Kieron Pollard will look to boost his performance and seize the series.
On the other hand, Afghanistan is struggling with team equations. They are in a desperate stage to restore their pride in the T20s. They have lost 3 games in a row. They need to make a few adjustments to the team to win this encounter.
Both teams have won the toss twice on this tour and both opted to field first. The team that wins the toss will opt to field first.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
The pitch at Ekana Stadium has helped bowlers during the ODI series. It is a well-balanced track.
Fortunately, there’s no chance of rainfall and Lucknow is all set to be warm and humid on the match day. But there’s a slight fog. which might come into play at the late stage of the game.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF AFGHANISTAN
Rahmanullah Gurbaz (wk), Hazratullah Zazai, Asghar Afghan, Najibullah Zadran, Mohammad Nabi, Karim Janat, Gulbadin Naib, Rashid Khan (c), Sharafuddin Ashraf, Naveen-ul-Haq, Mujeeb Ur Rahman
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF WEST INDIES
Evin Lewis, Brandon King, Shimron Hetmyer, Denesh Ramdin (wk), Kieron Pollard (c), Sherfane Rutherford, Fabien Allen, Jason Holder, Hayden Walsh Jr, Sheldon Cottrell, Kesrick Williams
- Rashid Khan will lead the side.
- The team’s biggest change will be Rahmanullah Gurbaz, who will take the place of Ikram Alikhil in the T20 Squad.
- It could be a tough match for Afghanistan as they need to snatch a win against the mighty Windies.
- They need to make a few adjustments to the team to win this encounter.
- Afghanistan’s key bowlers Fareed Ahmad and Naveen-ul-Haq were expensive with the ball last time.
- They are desperate to salvage their pride in the T20s as they have lost 3 games in a row.
- Unfortunately, Shai Hope will not be a part of the squad.
- West Indies will look to turn their fortunes by ending their losing streak in the T20s.
- They have suffered whitewashes against India and England.
- West Indies have begun the T20 series on a high by winning the 1st T20I game.
- Now they look forward to carrying the same form into the 2nd T20I game.
- Skipper Kieron Pollard and Evin Lewis will be the key players for the Windies.
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM:
West Indies are in good form and are the favorites for this game.
Here are the Fantasy Picks.