ABOUT THE MATCH
Adelaide Strikers will bid to keep their WBBL|05 title challenge on track when they take on Perth Scorchers at the Karen Rolton Oval in Adelaide. The match, on November 9, is scheduled to start at 13:40 local time.
Adelaide have already beaten Perth once this season – a dominant seven-wicket win in which Sarah Coyte starred with the ball and Tahlia McGrath the bat. They have four wins in six games in total but are looking to get back to winning ways after defeat last time out.
Perth Scorchers have won two from five by contrast, despite the form of Amy Jones and Meg Lanning – the duo who fired them to a ten-wicket victory in this fixture last season.
Adelaide Strikers won the toss in each of their two matches in Mackay at the end of week three. They are due to lose one then, and Perth Scorchers might elect to chase after their defeat setting a target last time they faced the Strikers.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
While temperatures will not lift out of the teens in Adelaide, more importantly after rain the night before there is a dry forecast for Saturday.
The Karen Rolton Oval wicket was proved to be balanced last time out, but the bounce is fairly consistent which favors batting.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Adelaide Strikers Women
Suzie Bates (c), Sophie Devine, Tahlia McGrath, Bridget Patterson, Lauren Winfield, Katie Mack, Tegan McPharlin (wk), Amanda-Jade Wellington, Sarah Coyte, Alex Price, Megan Schutt
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Perth Scorchers Women
Meg Lanning (c), Amy Jones (wk), Nat Sciver, Nicole Bolton, Georgia Redmayne, Chloe Piparo, Heather Graham, Kim Garth, Piepa Cleary, Jemma Barsby, Taneale Peschel
Adelaide Strikers Women
- Adelaide Strikers stuck with a winning team last time out, only for Brisbane Heat to exact some revenge and claim a big win.
- The quality is clearly there, however, and the Strikers could keep the faith with the same XI.
- Adelaide Strikers’ three-match winning streak came to an end last time out despite Sophie Devine scoring 65 against Brisbane Heat.
- They could not defend 141/8 as they fell to a nine-wicket defeat, in stark contrast to their eight-wicket win, inspired by Suzie Bates’ batting, against the same opposition the previous day.
Perth Scorchers Women
- Apart from Taneale Peschel in for Emma King, the Scorchers have been either unwilling or unable to make any other changes so far this season.
- Their batting fell short last time out, but it was key players not contributing so there should not be knee-jerk reactions to that.
- Amy Jones and Meg Lanning have been central to Perth’s two victories so far – Lanning having scored 100 runs across the two games.
- They were a little fortunate with the weather as they beat the Melbourne Renegades in a reduced run chase Lanning hitting 44* in a stunning seven-over inning but they could not back it up.
- Against Melbourne Stars, they were set 156 to win but did not score quickly enough and could only muster 135/6.
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM:
Adelaide Strikers will be keen to get back to winning ways and the Scorchers have been too inconsistent this season. This is the chance for Devine etc to lead the Strikers to more success.
Click here for Fantasy Picks.