ABOUT THE MATCH
In the second game of the IPL 2020, Delhi Capitals and Kings XI Punjab will face each other on Sunday (September 20). Capitals had reached the play-offs last season after a long break, while Kings XI was knocked out in the league phase after a good start. The match would be played at Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai from 7:30 PM IST onwards.
- Last season, Delhi Capitals finished third and go into this game with former Captain Ravichandran Ashwin of Kings XI Punjab, among their big buys ahead of this tournament.
- They have recruited well in the auction, but if the season opener can not be played by Marcus Stoinis and Alex Carey, having already lost Jason Roy and Chris Woakes, they could be a little short on star quality.
- The likes of Shreyas Iyer, Prithvi Shaw, Rishabh Pant, Shikhar Dhawan, Kagiso Rabada etc. have strengthened their capabilities, although they have also acquired experience for IPL 2020 in the form of R Ashwin and Ajinkya Rahane, signed respectively by Kings XI and Rajasthan Royals.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI:
Shikhar Dhawan, Prithvi Shaw, Shreyas Iyer (Captain), Alex Carey, Ajinkya Rahane, Rishabh Pant (wk), Marcus Stoinis, Kagiso Rabada, Amit Mishra, Sandeep Lamichhane, Harshal Patel.
KINGS XI PUNJAB:
- They’ll be led by the brilliant KL Rahul, who along with Chris Gayle could open the innings.
- It is a powerful force that, while setting or chasing a goal, can give Kings XI an early advantage. Then they’ve got some Indian stars like Karun Nair and Mayank Agarwal who can turn their day into the match.
- In the CPL 2020, Niholas Pooran was in good nick, scoring the lone hundred for Guyana Amazon Warriors this year, and Glenn Maxwell had notched up match and series winning hundreds for Australia against England a few days ago.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI:
Chris Gayle, KL Rahul (Captain, wk), Mayank Agarwal, Sarfaraz Khan, Glenn Maxwell, Mandeep Singh, K Gowtham, Mohammed Shami, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Chris Jordan, Ishan Porel.
The pitch has been good for batsmen, but the spin bowlers often trouble them on this ground.
Taking a look at Dubai International Cricket Stadium in the coming week and the average maximum daytime temperature will be about 39 ° C, with a high temperature of 40 ° C forecast in the afternoon of Saturday 19th. The average minimum temperature will be 29 ° C, dropping to its lowest in the morning of Monday 21st at 27 ° C. The next week will stay largely dry. The winds are expected to be all in all to be moderate.
PROBABLE TOP PERFORMERS:
Shikhar Dhawan: Signed off in fine batting form in January with his performances against Australia and it is a bonus that he is fit for this tournament after some injury worries earlier in the year.
Sandeep Lamichhane: The Nepalese leg-spinner has become a fixture of the T20 circuit despite still being just 20. He has 117 T20 wickets in 88 matches.
Rishabh Pant: The wicket-keeper-batsman may have a bit of pressure on his place this season with Alex Carey recruited but his T20 strike rate speaks for itself.
KINGS XI PUNJAB:
KL Rahul: Set to captain the team this season have been their outstanding batsman previously. He scored 593 runs last season, including six 50s and one unbeaten century.
Nicholas Pooran: Smashed his first T20 century during the Caribbean Premier League to issue a reminder of his big-hitting batting prowess in T20 cricket.
Mujeeb Ur Rahman: The spin bowler was another in fine form in the CPL, where he moved to 131 wickets in T20 cricket despite still being just 19 years of age.
HEAD TO HEAD:
- Overall T20I Matches– 24
- DELHI CAPITALS WON– 10
- KINGS XI PUNJAB WON-14
- NO RESULT-00
- TV – Star Sports Networks
- Live Streaming– Disney+ Hotstar
- Match Timings-20th September 2020 at 07:30 PM IST (06:00 PM local time) (02:00 PM UTC)
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM:
Delhi Capitals are favourites to beat Kings XI Punjab. A lot will depend on whether both sides’ Australian players are available – though the Capitals have more to gain in that regards too.