ABOUT THE MATCH
In the 23rd match of the 2020 Indian Premier League (IPL), Rajasthan Royals will take on Delhi Capitals in the Sharjah Cricket Stadium. It is scheduled to be started at 07:30 PM IST (06:00 PM local time) (02:00 PM UTC).
So far, Delhi Capitals won four matches out of five and another victory will place them on the top of the points table, whereas Rajasthan Royals began its campaign in good form, but they lost their form in previous matches.
- Ben Stokes has to miss another match before his mandatory quarantine period concludes. Yashasvi Jaiswal included last time but unable to show his impact.
- Starting with two victories in 2020 IPL, against Kings XI Punjab and Royal Challengers Bangalore, Rajasthan Royals lost their previous three matches.
- After some extraordinary batting form in the last two matches, they had managed to make 136 runs despite 70 runs of Jos Buttler in a 57 runs loss to Mumbai Indians.
Probable Playing XI:
Jos Buttler (wk), Yashasvi Jaiswal, Steve Smith (c), Mahipal Lomror, Sanju Samson, Tom Curran, Jaydev Unadkat, Rahul Tewatia, Jofra Archer, Kartik Tyagi, Shreyas Gopal
- In the Delhi Capital’s team, Ravichandran Ashwin is back to the team. Now the team could be remaining unchanged although Harshal Patel was not that good with the ball last time.
- Sunrisers Hyderabad is the only team, who beat Delhi Capitals. After that, they scored 228/4 in an 18-run victory over KKR, in which Shreyas Iyer scored unbeaten 88 runs from 38 balls and then 196/4 in a 59-run victory against RCB.
Probable Playing XI:
Prithvi Shaw, Shikhar Dhawan, Shreyas Iyer (c), Rishabh Pant (wk), Shimron Hetmyer, Marcus Stoinis, Axar Patel, Ravichandran Ashwin, Anrich Nortje, Ishant Sharma, Kagiso Rabada
So far, the Sharjah track has favored batting, especially in the 1st innings.
In Sharjah, the weather condition is more sunny and clear.
Probable top performers:
Last time, the wicket-keeper batsman returned to his best form, smashed 70 runs against Mumbai Indians, which is a very positive sign for Rajasthan Royals.
The last-order hitting of Jofra in the last match showed some stunning flurries with his bat and also claimed his fifth wicket in five matches.
In Rajasthan Royals’ two wins, Steve Smith hit continuous fifties but after that, he failed to deliver the same. We can expect a good match from him in this match.
In his last four matches, Shikhar Dhawan slowly improving. And the time has come to make those small runs to big scores.
In this season, Kagiso Rabada took 4 wickets by conceding 24 runs in the last match, and in five matches, he has already taken 12 wickets.
The all-rounder of Australia, Marcus Stoinis is in his best form and smashed his second-half century of this IPL season in the last match.
Head to head:
- Overall T20I Matches – 20
- Rajasthan Royals won – 11
- Delhi Capitals won – 09
- No Result – 00
- Tie– 00
Team form in last 5 matches:
- Rajasthan Royals – W, W, L, L, L
- Delhi Capitals – W, W, L, W, W
- Tv – Star Sports Network
- Live Streaming – Disney+ Hotstar
- Match Timings – 9th October 2020 at 07:30 PM IST (06:00 PM local time) (02:00 PM UTC)
Probable winning team:
Delhi Capitals is in its excellent form and the Rajasthan Royals is not that stable. The batting line up of DC is stronger than RR and the bowling line up is also far better. So, as per the previous stats, the Delhi Capitals are favorites for this match.