ABOUT THE MATCH
Ultimately, the wait is over and the most awaiting tournament, IPL 2020 has got a fantastic beginning. After an exciting match between Mumbai Indians and Chennai Super Kings in the opening match, Delhi Capitals and Kings XI Punjab created a remarkable game.
After the five-wickets victory of Chennai Super Kings over Mumbai Indians, now CSK is ready to go for their 2nd match. On the other hand, it is the 1st match for Rajasthan Royals. So, the 4th match of IPL 2020 between Chennai Super Kings and Rajasthan Royals is scheduled to be held on 22nd September 2020 (Tuesday) at the Sharjah Cricket Stadium, Sharjah in UAE.
This match is going to begin at 07:30 PM IST (06:00 PM local time) (02:00 PM UTC).
- In the 2020 edition of IPL, on paper, Rajasthan Royals has a very strong team and has a solid-top order with Steve Smith, Jos Buttler, Robin Uthappa, and David Miller.
- The involvement of Ben Stokes is the league is still in doubt, but it is sure that he will not play in the few matches of Rajasthan Royals. Jos Buttler is persuing his quarantine period with his family, will miss the upcoming match of Royals. The absence of Buttler may be a massive setback for the team.
- Considering the bowling department of Royals, Shreyas Gopal is an experienced leg-spinner, while Sanju Samson is quite famous for his capability. Because of his fantastic performances, now all are waiting to see the young talent Yashasvi Jaiswal. Along with Riyan Parag, Yashasvi Jaiswal will be the one to watch out for.
Probable Playing XI: Yashasvi Jaiswal, Jos Buttler(wk), Sanju Samson, Steve Smith(c), Robin Uthappa, Riyan Parag, Tom Curran, Jofra Archer, Shreyas Gopal, Jaydev Unadkat/Varun Aaron, Mayank Markande.
Chennai Super Kings:
- In the 1st match of the tournament, the victory of Chennai Super Kings was an interesting story of two halves. In the first innings, CSK was looking under confident and unprepared but in the second half, they bounced back with extraordinary spells from Piyush Chawla and Sam Curran. Lungi Ngidi and Ravindra Jadeja also bounced back and took five wickets fantastically at the death overs and this turned the face of the match.
- Now, Faf du Plessis is the most suitable player to play at no.3. The struggle for the replacement of Suresh Raina to play at no.3 is no longer there.
- Most probably, in the upcoming match, we can see a change with Jagadeesan or Gaikwad in the place of Vijay. The fantastic performance of Sam Curran puts captain Dhoni in a tough decision to choose between Sam Curran and Dwayne Bravo.
Probable Playing XI: Murali Vijay, Shane Watson, Faf du Plessis, Ambati Rayudu, Kedar Jadhav, MS Dhoni (c & wk), Ravindra Jadeja, Sam Curran, Deepak Chahar, Piyush Chawla, Lungi Ngidi.
The Sharjah pitch is a little more batting-friendly. The bowlers of both the teams have to give extra effort to take wickets, especially in the death overs.
As per the weather condition, it is likely to be hot and for another time, the fitness of cricketers will be tested. The probability of rain is almost nil.
Probable top performers:
Steve Smith– In the Rajasthan Royals team, Steve Smith is the most experienced cricketer. He is fantastic at both pace and spin. Now all are waiting to see a big score from him.
Jofra Archer– The star bowler of England, Jofra Archer bowling is in the team after so many hurdles. Like his performance in the England Vs Australia, we can expect like the fantastic form in this match too.
Shreyas Gopal: The all-rounder of India was the leading top wicket-taker in the last season of Rajasthan Royals with 20 wickets in 14 matches. Now, his leg-spin has helped him to bring 78 wickets in 58 numbers of T20 matches in total.
Get the highlights of DC VS KXIP: https://stumpsandbails.com/ipl-2020-dc-vs-kxip-highlights-delhi-beats-punjab-in-super-over-thriller
Chennai Super Kings:
Ambati Rayudu- In the 1st match against Mumbai Indians, Ambati Rayudu looked in an outstanding form and was titled the man of the match also.
MS Dhoni – In the 1st match, we saw the playing tactics of MS Dhoni. Last season, he was the top-scorer for CSK. The wicket-keeper batsman has something to prove in this tournament.
Imran Tahir- Whenever he plays, Imran Tahir is one of the most crucial bowlers for the team. The leg-spinner of South Africa is another veteran of all-time, who arrives in the UAE from some fantastic bowling at the Caribbean Premier League (CPL).
Have a look on the previous match highlights of MI Vs CSK: https://stumpsandbails.com/chennai-super-kings-starts-the-season-of-ipl-2020-on-a-winning-note
Head to head:
- Overall T20I Matches – 22
- Rajasthan Royals won – 08
- Chennai Super Kings won – 14
- No Result – 00
- Tie– 00
Team form in last 5 matches:
- Rajasthan Royals – W, L, W, W, D
- Chennai Super Kings – L, L, W, L, W
- Tv – Star Sports Network
- Live Streaming – Disney+ Hotstar
- Match Timings – 22nd September 2020 at 07:30 PM IST (06:00 PM local time) (02:00 PM UTC)
Probable winning team:
With a fantastic victory in the last game, the Chennai Super Kings will be ecstatic. On the other hand, the Rajasthan Royals team is yet to get on the field without Ben Stokes and Jos Buttler, which is put them on pressure. Based on the analysis and stats winning, Chennai Super Kings is looking a little bit prompt as compared to Rajasthan Royals.
Check out the Dream11 Prediction of RR VS CSK : https://stumpsandbails.com/ipl-2020-rr-vs-csk-dream11-prediction-match-4-rr-vs-csk