ABOUT THE MATCH
The match between Mumbai Indians (MI) and Rajasthan Royals (RR) will be the 20th match of the 2020 IPL and it will be taken place on 6th October in Sheikh Zayed Stadium in Abu Dhabi. It is scheduled to start at 07:30 PM IST (06:00 PM local time) (02:00 PM UTC).
So far, Mumbai Indians won three matches out of five, and now they are looking to continue their defense champions title with victory against Rajasthan Royals whereas Rajasthan Royals won two matches out of four and last time lost to Royal Challengers Bangalore by eight-wicket.
- Chris Lynn will definitely like to continue his amazing performance as Mumbai Indians will try their best to stick with their winning streak with Trent Boult, Kieron Pollard, James Pattinson, and Quinton de Kock.
- In a total of 191 runs with the loss of 4 wickets, Rohit Sharma only hit 70 runs against Kings XI Punjab before MI’s Jasprit Bumrah took 2 wickets by conceding 18 runs in a total of 208/5. In the replay, SRH scored 174 runs with the loss of 7 wickets.
- Earlier, in the first three matches, Mumbai Indians won just one match but they bounced back with continuous victories.
Probable Playing XI:
Rohit Sharma (c), Quinton de Kock (wk), Suryakumar Yadav, Kieron Pollard, Ishan Kishan, Hardik Pandya, Rahul Chahar, Krunal Pandya, Trent Boult, James Pattinson, Jasprit Bumrah,
- Rajasthan Royal’s wild card, Ben Stokes already reached UAE but continuing his quarantine period before including in the playing squad.
- Last time, Robin Uthappa missed his fluency. In this match, Uthappa can be replaced by Yashasvi Jaiswal.
- RR started the 2020 IPL in a fantastic way as they beat RCB by 16 runs before Sanju Samson (85), Steve Smith (50), and Rahul Tewatia (53) helped them to score 226/6 in 19.3 overs and defeat KXIP.
Probable Playing XI:
Jos Buttler (wk), Yashasvi Jaiswal, Steve Smith (c), Mahipal Lomror, Sanju Samson, Riyan Parag, Rahul Tewatia, Tom Curran, Jofra Archer, Jaydev Unadkat, Shreyas Gopal
The flat and hard track of Abu Dhabi is batting friendly.
During the match, the weather can be clear, hot, and dry.
Probable top performers:
In this 2020 IPL, since he was dismissed, scored 145 runs with his late batting come back for Mumbai Indians.
Quinton de Kock:
In two matches against the team of Rajasthan Royals, Quinton de Kock scored the maximum for Mumbai Indians, and from 39 balls, he hit 67 runs against Sunrisers Hyderabad.
In this season, his performance was not that much economical, but in five matches, he took seven wickets, and against KXIP, he claimed 2 wickets by conceding 18 runs only.
In the last season, Jos Buttler starred against Mumbai Indians, and after two fantastic performances; definitely he will continue his big score form.
Concentrating on his late-order batting, now he is continuing to deliver with the ball also. In his last two matches, he took 2-18 and 1-18.
He has started the league with continuous fifties and after two single-digit scores, now he is ready to play another big inning.
Head to head:
- Overall T20I Matches – 23
- Mumbai Indians won – 11
- Rajasthan Royals won – 11
- No Result – 01
- Tie– 00
Team form in last 5 matches:
- Mumbai Indians – L, W, L, W, W
- Rajasthan Royals – L, W, W, L, L
- Tv – Star Sports Network
- Live Streaming – Disney+ Hotstar
- Match Timings – 6th October 2020 at 07:30 PM IST (06:00 PM local time) (02:00 PM UTC)
Probable winning team:
Mumbai Indians have bounced back to their terrific forms with continuous victories, while Rajasthan Royals lost their previous two matches. No doubt that both the teams are in their best squads and capable enough to beat each other. But Mumbai Indians has the winning momentum and has a slight advantage of it as compared to Rajasthan Royals.