The Board of Control for Cricket in India(BCCI) officials said the IPL series would not get affected by the outbreak of Coronavirus. The board will take all the needed measures for the smooth progress of the Indian Premier League 2020 matches.
The BCCI is observing the situation, and as of now, there is no plan of delaying the tournament.”We are going to monitor every situation and will take all the precautions. We will not leave any stone unturned. Everything is under scrutiny by the officials. As of now, no decision had taken, whether the tournament should be called off or not,” a BCCI source said.
The organizers will take extra care and put special medical teams at the stadiums, and all the observers will be screened at the venue before entering the venue of the match. “BCCI will put the additional medical teams and volunteers at the stadiums. Also, the spectators have screened at the stadiums,” the source said.
IPL Will Start As Scheduled- Sourav Ganguly:
The IPL 2020 tournament is scheduled to begin on March 29. The first match will be played between, the last year champions Mumbai Indians and three-time IPL champions Chennai Super Kings at Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai.
On Monday, the Health Minister from Mumbai, Rajesh Tope, confirmed that discussions are still going on regarding IPL postpone due to the growing number of coronavirus cases in India.
In India, 45 cases have risen as of Tuesday. Rajesh Tope said to reporters, “There is always a danger of spread when people gather in large numbers. Such events can ever be organized later. Such a discussion on IPL is whether to postpone or not.”
There are such discussions currently on in official circles whether to postpone the IPL, and the decision would be taken and announced shortly.
Sourav Ganguly, the BCCI President, has said on Friday that the IPL will start as scheduled. “It is on… and BCCI will take all protection on everything,” he had said.