ABOUT THE MATCH
The match between Kings XI Punjab (KXIP) and Mumbai Indians (MI) will be the 13th match of the 2020 IPL and it will be taken place on 1st October in Sheikh Zayed Cricket Stadium in Abu Dhabi. It is scheduled to begin at 07:30 PM IST (06:00 PM local time) (02:00 PM UTC).
So far, both the teams, KXIP and MI have equal records- one victory and two-loss, with each losing match of those matches on a Super Over. Mumbai Indians and Kings XI Punjab will try their best to bounce back to win the match.
Kings XI Punjab:
- The outstanding batting of Mayank Agarwal has now gone unrewarded two times. He scored 89 runs off 60 balls to lead a recovery from the team of Delhi Capitals only to fall two deliveries short and after the tie, KXIP lost the match in Super Over.
- Against Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB), KXIP captain KL Rahul performed in a fantastic way with the bat and led the team to win the match, but a ton of Agarwal in a total score of 223/2 last time couldn’t prevent KXIP from a loss to Rajasthan Royals.
- The expensive bowling of Sheldon Cottrell last time could mean Chris Jordan’s return to the team, who himself was dropped after giving runs in the 1st match.
Probable Playing XI:
Mayank Argawal, KL Rahul (c, wk), Karun Nair, Glenn Maxwell, Nicholas Pooran, James Neesham, Chris Jordan, Mandeep Singh, Mohammed Shami, Murugan Ashwin, Ravi Bishnoi
- To date, Mumbai Indians has won only one match and lost the opening match against Chennai Super Kings (CSK) and another one from RCB. The one winning match was a memorable one, though MI captain Rohit Sharma smashed 80 runs in 49 balls and claimed a victory against Kolkata Knight Riders.
- After the outstanding performance of Kieron Pollard in the last match, he could shift up the batting order.
- Last time, James Pattinson was found expensive with the ball and now Mumbai Indians have to make a decision whether they can afford to utilize two of their foreign players’ places on opening bowlers. If they do, it will give chance to Chris Lynn.
Probable Playing XI:
Rohit Sharma (c), Quinton de Kock (wk), Suryakumar Yadav, Kieron Pollard, Ishan Kishan, Hardik Pandya, Rahul Chahar, Krunal Pandya, Trent Boult, James Pattinson, Jasprit Bumrah
The pitch at Abu Dhabi is batting-friendly with a lot of runs on this surface.
Hot and clear weather can be expected in Abu Dhabi during the match.
Probable top performers:
Kings XI Punjab:
When these two teams met last time, KL Rahul hit an unbeaten hundred and scored 132* and 69 runs respectively in his last two matches in 2020 IPL.
In his last two innings, Mayank Agarwal knocked 89 and 26 runs respectively and smashed 106 runs to follow up the opposite score.
Last time, although he was expensive with the ball, he picked three wickets and so far he claimed seven wickets in this 2020 IPL.
After performing some fine forms in the CPL 2020, he starred in the 2020 IPL when these teams last met.
In the last match, Ishan Kishan has given heroic performance and scored 99 runs in 58 balls. He was caught while attempting to hit six in the last ball.
So far, Jasprit Bumrah was expensive in the last two matches, but in his day, he can win the match single-handedly.
Head to head:
- Overall T20I Matches – 24
- Kings XI Punjab won – 11
- Mumbai Indians won – 13
- No Result – 00
- Tie– 00
Team form in last 5 matches:
- Kings XI Punjab – L, W, L, W, L
- Mumbai Indians – L, W, L, W, W
- Tv – Star Sports Network
- Live Streaming – Disney+ Hotstar
- Match Timings – 1st October 2020 at 07:30 PM IST (06:00 PM local time) (02:00 PM UTC)
Probable winning team:
Although Mumbai Indians’ performances don’t reflect that well in their previous games, still they are looking a little stronger team on paper as compared to Kings XI Punjab.