ABOUT THE MATCH
The 7th match of the Indian Premier League (IPL) is going to be played between Chennai Super Kings (CSK) and Delhi Capitals (DC) on 25th September 2020 (Friday). Both, Delhi Capitals and Chennai Super Kings have tremendous firepower in their teams but somehow they couldn’t deliver according to their expectations.
DC Vs CSK is scheduled to be held at Dubai International Cricket Stadium at 6:00 PM local time.
Chennai Super Kings:
- After beating Mumbai Indians in the opening match, Chennai Super Kings went down to a complicated loss against the team of Rajasthan Royals in their 2nd match. The loss has shown a lot of flaws in the CSK team.
- In the 2nd match against RR, Ambati Rayudu was missed but for the next match, we can expect him in the squad. Apart from Rayudu, Faf du Plessis is also in his good form.
- The spinners of CSK are their biggest power in the middle overs but they couldn’t stop the RR batsmen in the last match. Lungi Nagidi can be replaced by Imran Tahir and Piyush Chawla can be replaced by Shardul Thakur.
Probable Playing XI:
Murali Vijay, Shane Watson, Faf du Plessis, Kedar Jadhav, MS Dhoni, Ravindra Jadeja, Sam Curran, Imran Tahir, Ruturaj Gaikwad, Deepak Chahar, Shardul Thakur
- In the 1st match of Delhi Capitals, they started their campaign with a winning note against Kings XI Punjab but wasn’t in their best form in the match. They have to settle a lot of issues before they play against the most successful team in the IPL.
- Players such as Shreyas Iyer and Rishabh Pant starts the innings but couldn’t take the score to a bigger one. The form of Prithvi Shaw and Shikhar Dhawan are too becoming a headache of DC.
- The strength of DC is their bowling unit. They are looking much convincing and settled with Anrich Nortje and Rabada. Against Punjab, Axar Patel also demonstrated a fabulous job. The only change could be done that Ishant Sharma or Avesh Khan can replace Mohit Sharma.
Probable Playing XI:
Prithvi Shaw, Shikhar Dhawan, Shimron Hetmyer, Shreyas Iyer, Rishabh Pant, Marcus Stoinis, Axar Patel, Amit Mishra, Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje, Mohit Sharma
The track at Dubai has provided some help to the bowlers with the new ball and is predicted to play the same. Here batting has not been that much easy.
In Dubai, the temperature is expected to make the cricketers sweat as the temp is touching 40 degrees Celsius.
Probable top performers:
Chennai Super Kings:
Faf du Plessis:
In the last two matches, Plessis has been in his fantastic form. Once again in the middle overs, he will hold the main key for CSK. He is good at hitting big and rotating the strike whenever needed. With Axar Patel and Ashwin in the DC team, Plessis has an important role in the batting line-up.
Shane Watson is not the player who performs consistently well, but on his day, he has the ability to win the match single-handedly. In the last match, he was looking in good form. We can expect a big score in this match from him.
For CSK, Deepak Chahar has been mindblowing over the last seasons. He is a bowler upon whom the team can depend and almost every time he proves his expertise.
In the last match, Prithvi Shaw couldn’t perform good but it has no doubt that he is a destructive batsman. In the Chennai attack, he will definitely push himself for a big total.
Shikhar Dhawan, we all know how dangerous batsman he is. In the last match, he didn’t get much time but will be hopeful for a big score against CSK.
For Delhi Capitals, Rabada can be a trump card for his extra pace. Openers of CSK have been struggling against real pace and definitely Rabada can be a big blow for them.
Have a look at the previous match highlights of RR Vs CSK: https://stumpsandbails.com/ipl-2020-rr-vs-csk-rr-claims-the-deserving-victory-over-csk-by-16-runs
Head to head:
- Overall T20I Matches – 20
- Chennai Super Kings won – 14
- Delhi Capitals won – 06
- No Result – 00
- Tie– 00
Team form in last 5 matches:
- Chennai Super Kings – L, W, L, W, L
- Delhi Capitals – L ,W,W,L ,W
- Tv – Star Sports Network
- Live Streaming – Disney+ Hotstar
- Match Timings – 25th September 2020 at 07:30 PM IST (06:00 PM local time) (02:00 PM UTC)
Probable winning team:
In the top half of the points table, both the teams are sitting comfortably after winning their respective 1st encounters, there is a complicated competition between how the two teams earn victories. No doubt that both the teams are looking strong but the Chennai Super Kings has a little bit greater advantage over Delhi Capitals because of their vast experienced squad.
Check out the Dream11 Prediction of RR VS CSK: https://stumpsandbails.com/ipl-2020-rr-vs-csk-dream11-prediction-match-4-rr-vs-csk