PITCH AND CONDITIONS
The first two days of the test should be played out in excellent conditions, with a little cloud cover but otherwise temperatures in the 30s in Kingston. Isolated thunderstorms are forecast over the final three days, but they should only cause small delays if anything as the overall chance of rain remains low.
Has Sabina Park slowed down in recent years? Certainly, it has in the view of its critics, who grew up with the West Indies’ bowlers unleashing their barrage of hostile pace bowling in Kingston. It may not be as hard and fast now, but it is still a result pitch in test matches
- Ravindra Jadeja got the nod as the spin-bowling option for the first test in IND vs WI 2019 series and justified his inclusion as he scored a half-century in the first innings and picked up two wickets.
- Kemar Roach hit him out of the attack in the second innings, though the game was already all-but-won by that point.
- With Jadeja in, India opted for three pace bowlers – Ishant Sharma joining Jasprit Bumrah and Mohammed Shami, which meant no place for either Ravichandran Ashwin or Kuldeep Yadav.
- Victories over the West Indies and Australia preceded this tour, and India is well on course for beating West Indies 2-0 again – just as they did in October.
- Ajinkya Rahane top-scored in both innings, while both Ishant Sharma and Jasprit Bumrah claimed five-wicket hauls in the match.
- Bumrah’s 5-7 helped bowl West Indies out for 100 – India’s biggest away win in tests, in terms of runs, as they sealed a 318-run win
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF INDIA
Mayank Agarwal, KL Rahul, Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli (c), Ajinkya Rahane, Hanuma Vihari, Rishabh Pant, Ravindra Jadeja, Ishant Sharma, Mohammed Shami, Jasprit Bumrah
- Shamarh Brooks made his West Indies test debut in Antigua in the first test, but there was no place for Rahkeem Cornwall – the giant off-spinner who was touted for his own test debut.
- After missing the first test through injury, Keemo Paul is available again and back in the squad ahead of Miguel Cummins.
- West Indies have lost their last two test matches by heavy margins. They suffered a 232-run defeat to England in March – albeit having already claimed a surprise series win – and then lost by 318 runs to India last time out.
- None of their batsmen passed 50 in either inning, and it could have been even more embarrassing than it was having been 27/6 and 50/9 before folding for 100 in their second innings.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF WEST INDIES
TEAM FORM IN LAST 5 TEST MATCHES | IND VS WI – 2nd TEST IN INDIA TOUR OF WEST INDIES 2019
- West Indies Won: L,W,W,L,L
- India Won: W,L,W,D,W
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR INDIA VS WEST INDIES 2nd TEST IN INDIA TOUR OF WEST INDIES 2019 ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
- Virat Kohli (C)
- Jason Holder (VC)
- Rishabh Pant
- Kemar Roach
- Cheteshwar Pujara
- Roston Chase
- Mohammed Shami
- Ajinkya Rahane
- Ravindra Jadeja
- Shannon Gabriel
- Ishant Sharma
Click here to find out the Match Prediction.
*Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team, consider the points mentioned and make your own decision.*