PITCH AND CONDITIONS
The Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium generally has flat batting pitches, and the team batting first is expected to aim for big scores.
And the weather is likely to be clear and cool with the temperature expected to be around 21-23 degrees Celsius. There are zero chances of rain.
- India has so far played 13 T20 internationals this year, out of which they have won seven.
- In the previous T20I series against Bangladesh, they lost the first game but made a comeback and won the remaining two fixtures with a 2-1 lead.
- The opening batsmen Shikhar Dhawan is set to miss out on the entire series due to a knee injury sustained during a domestic T20 game.
- Shikhar Dhawan has been replaced by Sanju Samson in the squad.
- The pace bowlers Mohammed Shami and Bhuvneshwar Kumar along with spinner Kuldeep Yadav and all-rounder Ravindra Jadeja will be back in this series.
- Even Virat Kohli, who hasn’t appeared in the series against Bangladesh, will play in this T20I series.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF INDIA
Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli (c), KL Rahul, Shreyas Iyer, Rishabh Pant (wk), Manish Pandey, Ravindra Jadeja, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Mohammed Shami, Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal
- West Indies has so far won only one out of the nine T20 internationals played this year.
- They have faced a 0-3 clean sweep against England in March and also failed to win in the three-match home series against India in August.
- Recently, they have faced another 1-2 defeat against Afghanistan in a series of three T20Is hosted at Lucknow, India.
- The pace bowler Alzarri Joseph and batsman Shai Hope are left out of the team.
- Denesh Ramdin has recovered from his hamstring injury and will join the team for the T20I series.
- Even Nicholas Pooran, who missed the Afghanistan T20I series due to a suspension for ball-tampering, will be joining the team.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF West Indies
Kieron Pollard (c), Evin Lewis, Shimron Hetmyer, Lendl Simmons, Denesh Ramdin (wk), Sherfane Rutherford, Fabian Allen, Jason Holder, Kesrick Williams, Sheldon Cottrell, Hayden Walsh
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR INDIA VS West Indies 1st T20 West Indies Tour Of India, 2019 ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
- Rohit Sharma (vc)
- Virat Kohli (c)
- Evin Lewis
- Lendl Simmons
- Ravindra Jadeja
- Kieron Pollard
- Denesh Ramdin
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar
- Kuldeep Yadav
- Yuzvendra Chahal
- Kesrick Williams
Click Here for Match Prediction.
*Disclaimer: A team here is picked based on the perception, analysis, and gut feeling of the author. When you select your team, analyze the points mentioned to arrive at your own decision.*