PITCH AND CONDITIONS
West Indies vs India 1st ODI is going to be played at the Providence Stadium, Guyana. There is a 30°C and 30-40% chance of rainfall predicted in Guyana on match day and that is not a good sign. The rain in the islands can be frequent but also clears away quickly so hopefully, there should be no loss of overs.
The pitch in Guyana is expected to be good for batting and have some bounce in it for the fast-bowlers. Pitches in the Caribbean are seeing a resurgence and we hope to see some lively surfaces for India’s tour of the West Indies 2019.
- West Indies would have been disappointed about their losing streak.
- The middle order of the West Indies is very strong. Even without the presence of Andre Russell who choose to play in the GT20 Canada instead of turning up for his national side.
- Shimron Hetmyer or Nicholas Pooran could be sent to open the innings instead of Lewis.
- The bowling unit of West Indies has performed badly. They were taken apart by Rohit Sharma and India’s all-rounders in the end.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF WEST INDIES
Evin Lewis, Chris Gayle, Shai Hope, Nicholas Pooran (wk), Shimron Hetmyer, Keemo Paul/Roston Chase, Jason Holder (c), Carlos Brathwaite, Sheldon Cottrell, Kemar Roach, Oshane Thomas
- Three wins from three matches signal a return to the usual for this fantastic Indian cricket team. The focus may be on the lack of titles, rightly so, but there is no taking away from the fact that India has been consistently brilliant in every format of the game for a very long time now.
- Rohit Sharma played the way he can and dominated the second T20 while R Pant, Virat Kohli, and Krunal Pandya also made some useful runs.
- India’s top-3 is going to remain unchanged and that is its biggest strength in the long run. India must examine whether this strength is preventing its middle order from developing in the short run.
- Similar changes can be made in the bowling department.
- Deepak Chahar is almost certainly going to play this last match in place of Bhuvaneshwar Kumar and that will allow every member of the squad to get some time in the middle.
- Neither of these changes is going to weaken India. Having a strong bench allows India the luxury of bringing in players that are battle-hardened and ready to step up straight away.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF INDIA
Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan, Virat Kohli (c), KL Rahul, Rishabh Pant (wk), Manish Pandey, Ravindra Jadeja, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Mohammed Shami, Yuzvendra Chahal, Khaleel Ahmed
TEAM FORM IN LAST 5 ODI MATCHES | IND VS WI – 1ST ODI IN INDIA TOUR OF WEST INDIES 2019
- West Indies Won: L,L,L,L,W
- India Won: W,L,W,W,L
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR INDIA VS WEST INDIES 1ST ODI INDIA TOUR OF WEST INDIES 2019 ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
|If West Indies Bats First||If India Bats First|
|Shai Hope (WK)||Rishabh Pant (wk)|
|Evin Lewis||Rohit Sharma|
|Shimron Hetmyer||Shikhar Dhawan|
|Jason Holder||Virat Kohli|
|Carlos Brathwaite||Ravindra Jadeja|
|Sheldon Cottrell||Mohammed Shami|
|Kemar Roach||Khaleel Ahmed|
|Rohit Sharma||Jason Holder|
|Ravindra Jadeja||Carlos Brathwaite|
|Mohammed Shami||Sheldon Cottrell|
|Khaleel Ahmed||Kemar Roach|
Click here to find out the Match Prediction.
*Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team, consider the points mentioned and make your own decision.*