IND vs NZ ICC WC 2019 | INDIA Vs NEW ZEALAND 1st SEMI FINAL ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 Preview
- Two solid wins after the defeat to England will help India be in a positive frame of mind when it plays against New Zealand. Virat Kohli has a few selection issues to sort out since a few old problems continue to follow him.
- India’s top-order is in supreme form. Rohit Sharma has hit a record-breaking five centuries in this edition of the World Cup, including three in a row. Lokesh Rahul also managed to score a century and the pair did not leave much for the rest of the players to do.
- India’s batting is vulnerable to early wickets and that is probably why they start a bit slow. Against New Zealand, Trent Boult is going to be a big threat with the new ball. He swings the ball into the pads of the batsmen and has troubled Rohit Sharma in the past.
- The bowling is another story, though. Jasprit Bumrah is the most economical bowler still remaining in the tournament. He may not have taken the wickets that some of the bowlers have taken but his ability to dry up the runs is just breath-taking.
- New Zealand has benefitted from having its easiest matches at the start of the campaign. That allowed it to get the required number of wins under its belt and play the big matches without any pressure. New Zealand has not won a single game any of the other semi-finalists or even the fifth-placed team for that matter.
- New Zealand must approach this match with a fresh mind. Nothing that has gone before this match has any consequence and a good performance here could give them the chance to win their first World Cup title.
- While India is going to be happy to be playing New Zealand, there is no doubt in our mind that New Zealand would also be happy to face India rather than Australia.
- New Zealand’s batting is currently too dependent on Kane Williamson.
- The best way for New Zealand to play this match is to attack. They have the batsmen to take the game to batsmen and bat around Kane Williamson.
- A lot of things need to go right in terms of weather conditions, player performance, and toss for New Zealand to be able to win this match.
Old Trafford, known for sponsorship reasons as Emirates Old Trafford, is a cricket ground in Old Trafford, Greater Manchester, England.
India Cricket Final Squad List For ICC World Cup 2019
[table “5” not found /]
New Zealand Final Squad List For ICC World Cup 2019
[table “6” not found /]
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF India
KL Rahul, Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli (c), Risabh Pant, Hardik Pandya, MS Dhoni (wk), Dinesh Karthik, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Jasprit Bumrah, Yuzvendra Chahal, Mohammed Shami
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF New Zealand
Martin Guptill, Henry Nicholls, Kane Williamson (c), Ross Taylor, Tom Latham (wk), Colin de Grandhomme, Jimmy Neesham, Mitchell Santner, Trent Boult, Lockie Ferguson, Matt Henry
India vs New Zealand HEAD TO HEAD
Overall Matches: 106
- India Won: 55
- New Zealand Won: 45
- Tied: 1
- No result: 5
Overall World cup Matches: 8
- India Won: 3
- New Zealand Won: 4
- No-Result: 1
TEAM FORM IN LAST 5 MATCHES | IND VS NZ – 1st SEMI FINAL ICC CRICKET WORLD CUP 2019
- India Won: W,W,L,W,W
- New Zealand Won: W,W,L,L,L
Key Players to watch in India Team for ICC World Cup 2019
- Rohit Sharma
- Virat Kohli
- Jasprit Bumrah
- M Shami
Key Players to watch in New Zealand Team for ICC World Cup 2019
- Kane Williamson
- Ross Taylor
- Trent Boult
- Matt Henry
IND vs NZ – 1st SEMI FINAL ICC Cricket World Cup 2019
- Match: Semi Final 1
- Event: ICC Cricket World Cup 2019
- Date: Tue 9,
- Venue: Old Trafford Cricket Ground
For MATCH PREDICTION CLICK HERE.
Matched Content Ad