ABOUT THE MATCH
The second ODI match of India vs Australia is scheduled to be played on January 17th, 2020, at the Saurashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Rajkot, India. The live telecast of the match will begin from 1:40 PM (local time).
In the first ODI match, Australia, who had registered a 10-wicket win against India, is leading 1-0.
Now, India has a major task in front of it for the 2nd ODI match if they want to win it. India has to sort out some batting and bowling issues and produce a team game.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
This is a high scoring stadium, so we can expect high scores. The team batting first would likely put up a total of 280-300 at least to be on the safer side.
MATCH PREVIEW |INDIA VS AUSTRALIA 2nd ODI
- In the previous match, India performed poorly with hitman of India Rohit Sharma scoring 10 runs in 15 balls with 2 boundaries.
- It was a one-man show by Shikhar Dhawan who scored 74 runs in 91 balls with 9 boundaries and 1 six.
- KL Rahul also scored 47 runs in 61 balls with 4 boundaries.
- The middle-order batsmen, Rishabh Pant and Ravindra Jadeja scored 28 and 25 runs, respectively.
- Coming to the bowling, no bowler was able to take a wicket in the last match.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF INDIA
Shikhar Dhawan, Rohit Sharma(VC), KL Rahul, Virat Kohli (C), Shreyas Iyer, Rishabh Pant (WK), Ravindra Jadeja, Shardul Thakur/Navdeep Saini, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammed Shami, Jasprit Bumrah
- The performance of Australia was outstanding in the previous match against India.
- The opener David Warner scored 128 runs in 112 balls with 17 boundaries and 3 sixes.
- Aaron Finch, who opened with Warner, scored 110 runs in 114 balls with 13 boundaries and 2 sixes.
- In the bowling unit, Mitchell Starc clinched 3 wickets while Kane Richardson and Pat Cummins picked up 2 each.
- Adam Zampa and Ashton Agar took a wicket each by leaking 40+ runs.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF AUSTRALIA
Aaron Finch (c), David Warner, Marnus Labuschagne, Steve Smith, Alex Carey, Ashton Turner, Ashton Agar, Pat Cummins (VC), Mitchell Starc, Kane Richardson, Adam Zampa
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM
For now, though, it is advantage Australia heading into the second ODI. Back them to win the match and take an unassailable lead in the series.
Click Here For Dream11 Fantasy Picks.