ABOUT THE MATCH
The first ODI match of India vs Australia is scheduled to be played on January 14th, 2020, at Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai, India. The live telecast of the match will begin from 1:30 PM(local time).
After winning a T-20 match series comprehensively against Sri Lanka, India is going to enter this match with confidence. Last time when Australia toured India in 2018, Australia had registered a terrific win of 3-2.
Based on the dew factor, the toss winning team will likely opt to bowl first because the chasing team gets an advantage in the 2nd innings.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
Wankhede Stadium pitch is expected to be good for a batsman with some help for slow bowling as the match progress.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF INDIA
Shikhar Dhawan, Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli (C), Shreyas Iyer, Rishabh Pant(wk), Shivam Dube, Ravindra Jadeja, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammed Shami, Shardul Thakur, Jasprit Bumrah
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF AUSTRALIA
Aaron Finch (c), David Warner, Steven Smith, Marnus Labuschagne, Alex Carey(wk), D’Arcy Short, Ashton Agar, Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc, Adam Zampa, Kane Richardson/Josh Hazlewood.
MATCH PREVIEW | IND VS AUS 1st ODI
- India is in form after comprehensive T-20 wins against West Indies, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka.
- Now, India has a first-class top order with openers Rohit Sharma and Shikhar Dhawan; Kohli and Iyer will follow them.
- It is interesting to see the KL Rahul, who was in the form from past matches, will be occupying the middle order.
- Bumrah’s comeback with a spring in his step along with him Mohammed Shami will form the bowling attack.
- Ravindra Jadeja is expected to be the lead spinner apart from being an all-rounder.
- Australi will be feeling very confident after their wins against New Zealand, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
- The powerful combo of David Warner and Aaron Finch will open the batting.
- Steve Smith is going to occupy the middle-order along with Marnus Labuschagne.
- Pat Cummins, one of the main players of the bowling unit, will be sharing the ball with Mitchell Starc and Josh Hazlewood.
- Adam Zampa will also be in the squad as he troubled the Indian batsman in the last series.
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM
We are going with team India which has a solid top-order along with experienced bowlers in the team, and they also have the home ground advantage. So, we back India to win the 1st ODI.
Click Here For Dream11 Fantasy Picks.