ICC T20 Players Ranking Updates: Like any other time, ICC rankings have made buzz this time too. With many developments happening, there are a few updates that demand attention from cricket fans. One of the most significant was Babar Azam as he maintained his top position for the longest time breaking Virat Kohli’s record.
There are a few other changes that we should keep ourselves updated with:
ICC Tests Players Ranking:
- Following the conclusion of England’s home series against New Zealand, there is significant movement behind top-ranked Test hitter Joe Root despite the fact that he maintains a slim lead.
- On the most recent batter rankings, Player of the Series Daryl Mitchell moves up four ranks to 12th, while fellow Kiwi Tom Blundell moves up eleven spots to 20th.
- Jonny Bairstow, another member of Root’s England squad, also stands out after climbing 20 spots to take 21st place among Test batters.
- On the most recent rankings for bowlers, New Zealand’s workhorse Neil Wagner falls one position to 10th, with England’s Stuart Broad and Jack Leach rising 13 spots and 25 spots, respectively.
- Following a dismal second Test against the West Indies, Bangladesh skipper Shakib Al Hasan slides to the third position in the all-rounder rankings, with India’s seasoned Ravi Ashwin replacing him.
- After winning Player of the Match against Bangladesh, Kyle Mayers of West Indies moves up three spots to the ninth position in the all-rounder rankings.
ICC ODI Players Ranking
- Josh Hazlewood of Australia has recently been one of the top white-ball bowlers in the world, and the in-form seamer moved up two spots to tie for fifth in the most current ODI rankings.
Hazlewood, who already holds the top spot in the T20I rankings, has risen to the top spot in the ODI rankings thanks to a good performance of 2/22 in the last 50-over game of the series against Sri Lanka.
- Due to Chris Woakes’s absence from England’s recent ODI series against the Netherlands, the tall seamer fell two positions to fourth in the most recent ranking.
- Pakistani pacer Shaheen Afridi and New Zealander Matt Henry both gained a slot behind Trent Boult, who is currently placed first.
- The top 10 ODI batter rankings also saw a little change, with Root and Shai Hope moving up to tie for 10th place, bumping Australia captain Aaron Finch down to 12th.
ICC T20I Players Ranking
- Ishan Kishan of India dropped one spot within the top 10 to rank seventh among hitters in the most recent T20I rankings, he is the only Indian in the top 10.
- Harry Tector, a promising young batsman from Ireland, climbs a huge 55 slots to 66th after a strong series against India.
- Deepak Hooda soars 414 ranks to tie for the 104th ranking.
- Babar Azam maintained position 1 with Mohammad Rizwan at number 2.
- Josh Hazelwood continues to be on top in the bowling department followed by Adil Rashid and Tabraiz Shamsi at 2 and 3.