PITCH AND CONDITIONS
There is a good chance of a delayed start as plenty of thundery showers have been forecast before the match and the weather is expected to clear only after 9 PM. Temperature is likely to be around 28-29 degrees Celsius while humidity should be around 82% during the match.
Scores of 180+ have been achieved on three occasions in the last five T20 internationals that have been played at the Indian Association Ground, indicating that pitch here has been pretty good for batting. Pacers are likely to get more assistance due to the moisture underneath the surface.
- Zimbabwe has made quite a few changes to their squad from their recently concluded Bangladesh T20I tri-series.
- Their star batsman Hamilton Masakadza has signed-off from international cricket which means the team will be coming up with a new opening combination.
- Brian Chari and Craig Ervine could open the batting while Peter Moor is likely to be slotted in the middle order. Tendai Chatara will probably lead the Zimbabwean bowling attack.
- Zimbabwe has been faring very poorly in the shortest format of the game.
- They have managed to win only two of their last eighteen T20 internationals and both of those wins have been registered this year against Ireland and most recently against Afghanistan.
- Zimbabwe had a tough time in the recently concluded tri-series in Bangladesh that also featured Afghanistan, losing three out of their four encounters.
- Prior to that in July, they drew a three-match series 1-1 in Ireland against the hosts.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Zimbabwe
Brian Chari, Craig Ervine, Regis Chakabva, Sean Williams (c), Peter Moor (wk), Tinotenda Mutombodzi, Timycen Maruma, Richmond Mutumbami, Neville Madziva, Wellington Masakadza, Tendai Chatara
- Nepal has retained most of the players that were part of the squad that toured Singapore in July for the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup Asia Region Final.
- Paras Khadka will be leading the team’s 15-man squad and will probably open the batting alongside Kushal Malla.
- Binod Bhandari is the lone specialist wicketkeeper in the side while Sandeep Lamichhane and Lalit Rajbanshi are likely to form the team’s spin attack for the series opener on Friday.
- Nepal has had plenty of success in the T20 format this year, winning six out of their nine matches.
- Their previous T20I assignment came a couple of months ago in Singapore at the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup Asia Region Final.
- They were pretty impressive in that tournament with two wins and as many losses from four fixtures.
- They even made it to the final which was played at this very ground but suffered a heavy 82-run defeat at the hands of the home team.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Nepal
Paras Khadka (c), Kushal Malla, Sundeep Jora, Dipendra Singh Airee, Rohit Paudel, Binod Bhandari (wk), Lalit Rajbanshi, KC Karan, Sompal Kami, Sandeep Lamichhane, Abinash Bohara
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR Zimbabwe vs Nepal 1st T20 MATCH IN Singapore T20I Tri-Nation Series 2019 ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
- Brian Chari
- Sean Williams (C)
- Peter Moor
- Wellington Masakadza
- Craig Ervine
- Sompal Kami
- Tendai Chatara (VC)
- Richmond Mutumbami
- Lalit Rajbanshi
- Paras Khadka
- Sandeep Lamichhane
Click Here for Match Prediction.
*Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team, consider the points mentioned and make your own*