PITCH AND CONDITIONS
SuperSport Park has generally been a high scoring venue. The average score here in the first innings in T20Is is 168. So one can expect the bat to dominate the ball in this game.
A bit of cloud cover is expected during the match but no rain has been forecast for the day. The evening should be slightly on the warmer side with temperature likely to fluctuate between 26 and 29 degrees Celsius.
- Tshwane Spartans have fielded the same group of eleven in their last two matches, and since they are coming off a fairly comfortable win, they may not want to tweak their winning combination.
- Roelof van der Merwe was promoted to number three last time and he might be pushed back down the order after failing to make an impact with the bat.
- The Spartans will continue to open their batting with Theunis de Bruyn and Dean Elgar while Tom Curran will be leading the bowling attack.
- Tshwane Spartans are the only team in the tournament who are yet to lose a game.
- They have won two of the five matches they have played so far this Mzansi Super League while the rest have all ended in no results due to rain.
- The Spartans, therefore, find themselves in third place on the points table with 14 points.
- Their two wins have come against Paarl Rocks (by 8 wickets) at Paarl and against Jozi Stars (by 20 runs) last time out at Johannesburg.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Tshwane Spartans
Theunis de Bruyn, Dean Elgar, AB de Villiers, Heinrich Klaasen (c/wk), Petrus van Biljon, Roelof van der Merwe, Wiaan Mulder, Tom Curran, Morne Morkel, Lungi Ngidi, Lutho Sipamla
- Paarl Rocks made just the one change to their line-up in the last game against Nelson Mandela Bay Giants they dropped bowling all-rounder Dwaine Pretorius and replaced him with another all-rounder in Ferisco Adams.
- The latter had a good outing with both bat and ball, and it will be interesting to see whether the Rocks decide to give him another game or bring back Pretorius.
- Sibonelo Makhanya is being used as a pinch hitter and could be sent up the order again.
- Paarl Rocks have had a fantastic tournament so far. They are currently topping the MSL 2019 points table with four wins, a loss and a washout from six matches.
- After registering a big 86-run win in their campaign opener against Cape Town Blitz, the Rocks had to split points in their rained-out encounter against Durban Heat.
- They then suffered an eight-wicket loss to Tshwane Spartans before winning their last three matches on the bounce.
- Their previous match was against Nelson Mandela Bay Giants at Port Elizabeth where they secured a comfortable 31-run win.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Paarl Rocks
Henry Davids, Cameron Delport, Faf du Plessis (c), James Vince, Sibonelo Makhanya, Mangaliso Mosehle (wk), Isuru Udana, Ferisco Adams/Dwaine Pretorius, Hardus Viljoen, Bjorn Fortuin, Tabraiz Shamsi
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR Tshwane Spartans vs Paarl Rocks, MZANSI SUPER LEAGUE 2019 ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
- Dean Elgar (C)
- Roelof van der Merwe
- Heinrich Klaasen
- Morne Morkel
- AB de Villiers
- Isuru Udana
- Lungi Ngidi
- Faf du Plessis
- Bjorn Fortuin
- James Vince (VC)
- Tabraiz Shamsi
Click Here for Match Prediction.
*Disclaimer: A team here is picked based on the perception, analysis, and gut feeling of the author. When you select your team, analyze the points mentioned to arrive at your own decision.*