PITCH AND CONDITIONS
Though cloudy and humid in the Port of Spain, temperatures will be in the high 20s.
Port of Spain was most recently used for two ODIs during India’s tour of the West Indies last month, where it was the seamers who dominated the wickets on some balanced pitches. It will be a worn wicket for this opener.
Trinbago Knight Riders
- With Brendon McCullum having retired, Colin Munro away with New Zealand in Sri Lanka for the start of the CPL 2019
- And Dwayne Bravo likely to miss a significant chunk of the series through injury, Trinbago Knight Riders are without their top three batsmen from last season.
- Top bowler Fawad Ahmed has also not re-signed. Kieron Pollard is a Trinbago man for the first time, however, and – in Bravo’s absence – will captain the team.
- In place of Munro, Lendl Simmons will play the first three matches.
- Darren Bravo should also miss the start of the tournament, however, if concussion protocols are properly followed after his injury in the test match against India.
- Trinbago Knight Riders won last year’s competition.
- They won seven of their ten games to top the group but lost the first qualifier to Guyana Amazon Warriors.
- A 20-run win defending 165/6 against St Kitts & Nevis Patriots followed, however, before Colin Munro’s unbeaten 68 from 39 balls in the final helped them to 150/2 in 17.3 overs and an eight-wicket win against the Warriors.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Trinbago Knight Riders
Lendl Simmons, Sunil Narine, Denesh Ramdin (wk), Kieron Pollard (c), Jimmy Neesham, Seekkuge Prasanna, Tion Webster, Mohammad Hasnain, Javon Searles, Khary Pierre, Ali Khan
St Kitts & Nevis Patriots
- St Kitts & Nevis Patriots are no longer led by Chris Gayle, with Carlos Brathwaite stepping up instead, while Rassie van der Dussen has been forced to miss the tournament due to international commitments.
- Mohammad Hafeez replaces the latter, while Gayle now plays for Jamaica. Fit-again Alzarri Joseph returns, meanwhile – replacing Isuru Udana who also has international commitments.
- Laurie Evans is only free to play once the English county season ends. St Kitts & Nevis Patriots finished fourth in the league phase last season and then chased 192 to beat Jamaica Tallawahs and reach the next playoff round.
- There, they faced Trinbago Knight Riders, who scored 165/6 from their 20 overs and then restricted the Patriots to 145/8.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF St Kitts & Nevis Patriots
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR Trinbago Knight Riders vs St Kitts & Nevis Patriots IN Caribbean Premier League 2019 ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
- Kieron Pollard
- Sunil Narine (VC)
- Denesh Ramdin
- Sheldon Cottrell
- Evin Lewis
- Jimmy Neesham (C)
- Alzarri Joseph
- Lendl Simmons
- Carlos Brathwaite
- Ali Khan
- Fabian Allen
Click Here for Match Prediction.
*Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team, consider the points mentioned and make your own