PITCH AND CONDITIONS
Hot conditions, in the high 20s, with only a very small chance of rain and generally just cloudy conditions should make for a decent evening’s cricket.
Port of Spain has favored seam bowling in recent times, on an otherwise balanced wicket – the pacemen have dominated the wickets to have fallen in recent matches.
Trinbago Knight Riders
- Kieron Pollard was the marquee signing for this year’s tournament and the Knight Riders’ captain top-scored in the first game to prove his worth.
- They lacked runs at the top of the order but, with Colin Munro still away, Lendl Simmons and Sunil Narine are likely to open the batting again.
- Defending champions Trinbago Knight Riders opened with a win this CPL 2019.
- Kieron Pollard top-scored with 47 as the Knight Riders overcame a tricky start to set St Kitts & Nevis Patriots 153 to win their first game.
- In reply, Mohammad Hasnain and Jimmy Neesham took three wickets each and St Kitts & Nevis Patriots were all out for 141.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Trinbago Knight Riders
Lendl Simmons, Sunil Narine, Denesh Ramdin (wk), Kieron Pollard (c), Jimmy Neesham, Seekkuge Prasanna, Tion Webster, Mohammad Hasnain, Javon Searles, Khary Pierre, Anderson Phillip
- Jamaica Tallawahs retained Andre Russell for this season and added the not inconsiderable talents of Chris Gayle and Chadwick Walton, who both return to the Tallawahs after being part of their previous title-winning teams.
- Gayle will the captain the team, but the Tallawahs have been forced into a couple of changes – Kennar Lewis replacing USA international Xavier Marshall and Jerome Taylor being selected in place of Amad Butt. Butt has domestic commitments, while Marshall is unavailable due to international commitments.
- Jamaica Tallawahs finished third in the league table last season, only missing out on the top two on net run rate.
- That proved costly, however – the Tallawahs unable to defend 191/5 (after Glenn Phillips’ century) – in the eliminator against St Kitts & Nevis.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Jamaica Tallawahs
Glenn Phillips (wk), Chris Gayle (c), Chadwick Walton, Rovman Powell, Andre Russell, George Worker, Imran Khan, Zahir Khan, Jerome Taylor, Steven Jacobs, Oshane Thomas
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR Trinbago Knight Riders vs Jamaica Tallawahs 3rd Match IN CARIBBEAN PREMIER LEAGUE 2019 ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
- Kieron Pollard
- Andre Russell (C)
- Glenn Phillips
- Oshane Thomas
- Chris Gayle
- Jimmy Neesham (VC)
- Mohammad Hasnain
- Lendl Simmons
- George Worker
- Javon Searles
- Tion Webster
Click Here for Match Prediction.
*Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team, consider the points mentioned and make your own*
Matched Content Ad