PITCH AND CONDITIONS
Heavy rain and thunderstorms are forecast throughout the day in Trinidad, and the Brian Lara Cricket Academy is set to get a soaking. If it clears, it will only be later in the evening.
The Brian Lara Cricket Academy wicket, used for the finals of the previous two Caribbean Premier League seasons too, has tended to be well-balanced. It gives something to the bowlers, with scores of 160 above par looking at the record books.
Trinbago Knight Riders
- Sunil Narine’s return from injury was timely ahead of the play-offs. He took 2-10 from four overs and, while his batting did not match, he is a much bigger influence in the side than Mark Deyal.
- Seekkuge Prasanna also played, with Jimmy Neesham missing out.
- Trinbago Knight Riders lost five of their last six league games, with the only other match a no result, but got back to winning ways in the play-offs.
- Their final league game was a seven-wicket defeat to Guyana Amazon Warriors but their bowlers helped them bounce back against St Kitts & Nevis Patriots.
- Chris Jordan took 3-30 and Sunil Narine 2-10 as the Patriots were restricted to 125/7 before Lendl Simmons’ half-century led Trinbago Knight Riders to a six-wicket win with eight balls to spare.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Trinbago Knight Riders
Lendl Simmons, Sunil Narine, Colin Munro, Kieron Pollard (c), Darren Bravo, Denesh Ramdin (wk), Chris Jordan, Seekkuge Prasanna, Khary Pierre, Ali Khan, Akeal Hosein
- As expected, Shai Hope returned from injury last time out replacing Justin Greaves to bolster an already improved Barbados Tridents line-up.
- Harry Gurney and Shakib Al Hasan have joined the team late in CPL 2019 season, while Dan Christian did too but has not featured it is no surprise the Tridents promptly rose up the table.
- Barbados won three of their four final league matches, including a seven-wicket victory after Johnson Charles’ half-century, helped them chase 135 against Trinbago Knight Riders in their last league game.
- They could not carry that form into the first play-off match, however, the Tridents reaching 188/8 in reply to Guyana Amazon Warriors’ 218/3 at Providence Stadium.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Barbados Tridents
Johnson Charles (wk), Alex Hales, Shakib-al-Hasan, Shai Hope, JP Duminy, Jonathan Carter, Jason Holder (c), Ashley Nurse, Raymon Reifer, Hayden Walsh Jr, Harry Gurney
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR Trinbago Knight Riders vs Barbados Tridents Qualifier 2 IN CARIBBEAN PREMIER LEAGUE 2019 ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
- Kieron Pollard
- JP Duminy
- Johnson Charles
- Harry Gurney
- Lendl Simmons
- Shakib-al-Hasan (VC)
- Hayden Walsh Jr (C)
- Alex Hales
- Sunil Narine
- Chris Jordan
- Akeal Hosein
Click Here for Match Prediction.
*Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team, consider the points mentioned and make your own*