PITCH AND CONDITIONS
The game which is set to start in the evening time will once again be hot all day with any chance of rain. The temperatures would be at the high 20s, possibly 30s, in the evening.
The pitch at the Queen’s Park Oval has leaned slightly towards the batsmen – a good, consistent bounce means there are runs to be had, particularly when combined with the lightning-fast outfield.
TRINBAGO KNIGHT RIDERS
- Chris Jordan who couldn’t take part in the last match has been called up as a replacement for Mohammad Hasnain.
- Javon Searles and Mark Deyal also came into the team, with Sunil Narine absent. Searles should retain his place after taking three wickets.
- Narine who has been suffering from a finger injury was replaced with Khary Pierre as the main spinner of the Knight Riders left out with a hat-trick in the last match.
- Trinbago Knight Riders who have won the first four matches were seen with a huge fall from the last four plays with one among them being washed out.
- Guyana Amazon Warriors bowled out Knight Riders with 19-run defeat in the last match. They were also defeated by 129 runs when they faced the Tridents for the first time.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF TRINBAGO KNIGHT RIDERS
Lendl Simmons, Mark Deyal, Colin Munro, Kieron Pollard (c), Darren Bravo, Jimmy Neesham, Denesh Ramdin (wk), Chris Jordan, Javon Searles, Khary Pierre, Ali Khan
- Barbados Tridents sealed a play-off place with two wins in their last three games.
- Shakib-al-Hasan and Harry Gurney have come into the team, though Dan Christian has not played. Shai Hope is due back for the play-offs but this game could be too soon, so it could be an unchanged team from the win against St Lucia.
- The Tridents made victory against the Knight Riders when they last met and should see if they could retain the same in this clash too.
- Tridents’ dominant win against the Knight Riders was with JP Duminy, Johnson Charles and Jonathan Carter all in outstanding batting form in a total of 192/5 before Hayden Walsh claimed 5-19 with the ball.
- The Tridents lost their next game blowing a chase of 150 to beat St Kitts & Nevis Patriots when they only managed two runs from the final four balls to finish 148 all out.
- With Walsh’s excellent bowling form, defending 141/6, the Tridents knocked out St Lucia Zouks for 117 in the last match.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF BARBADOS TRIDENTS
Johnson Charles (wk), Alex Hales, Shakib-al-Hasan, JP Duminy, Justin Greaves, Jonathan Carter, Jason Holder (c), Ashley Nurse, Raymon Reifer, Hayden Walsh Jr, Harry Gurney
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR TRINBAGO KNIGHT RIDERS VS BARBADOS TRIDENTS 28TH MATCH IN CARIBBEAN PREMIER LEAGUE 2019 ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
- Kieron Pollard (VC)
- Lendl Simmons
- Colin Munro
- Darren Bravo
- JP Duminy
- Jason Holder
- Johnson Charles
- Khary Pierre
- Harry Gurney
- Hayden Walsh Jr (C)
Click Here for Match Prediction.
*Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team, consider the points mentioned and make your own*