PITCH AND CONDITIONS
A little bit of cloud will do nothing to temper what is set to be another hot, dry evening of the wicket in Basseterre.
The Warner Park wicket favors the batsmen, as can be seen from the run rates of the winning teams here. Pace and bounce can cause problems, but not consistently enough.
ST KITTS AND NEVIS PATRIOTS
- Evin Lewis returned to the team last time out, after missing the previous game, and top-scored in the Patriots win.
- Akeem Jordan and Kjorn Ottley also came into the team, with Jordan claiming a four-wicket haul in his first-ever Caribbean Premier League match.
- St Kitts & Nevis Patriots earned their second win in six matches so far when they beat St Lucia Zouks last time out.
- After following their first win, against Jamaica Tallawahs, with defeats to Barbados Tridents and Guyana Amazon Warriors, they were much improved last time out.
- Akeem Jordan, on his CPL debut, took four wickets as they restricted St Lucia Zouks to 138/9 before Evin Lewis smashed 65 from 30 balls to ensure a comfortable win was never in doubt.
- They needed just 14.5 overs to reach their target brought up with a six.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF ST KITTS AND NEVIS PATRIOTS
Devon Thomas (wk), Evin Lewis, Mohammad Hafeez, Laurie Evans, Carlos Brathwaite (c), Fabian Allen, Kjorn Ottley, Rayad Emrit, Usamir Mir, Akeem Jordan, Sheldon Cottrell
Trinbago Knight Riders
- Colin Munro’s first appearance of the season, in place of Tion Webster, was a resounding success last time out.
- He slotted in at number three to allow Lendl Simmons and Sunil Narine to continue at the top of the order.
- Ali Khan returned for Anderson Phillip too, and it could be an unchanged team after their huge win against Jamaica Tallawahs, even with Darren Bravo available again.
- Dwayne Bravo will play no part in this year’s tournament.
- Trinbago Knight Riders have won all four games of their title defense so far in CPL 2019.
- They started with a win against St Kitts & Nevis Patriots and have just gone from strength to strength since.
- Their first block of home games concluded with wins against Jamaica Tallawahs and St Lucia Zouks before their record-breaking performance at Sabina Park last time out.
- Lendl Simmons (86), Colin Munro (96*) and Kieron Pollard (45*) fired the Knight Riders to a record 267/2.
- The Tallawahs posted 226/5 in reply, though they were never likely to match such an explosive first innings score.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Trinbago Knight Riders
Lendl Simmons, Sunil Narine, Colin Munro, Denesh Ramdin (wk), Kieron Pollard (c), Jimmy Neesham, Seekkuge Prasanna, Mohammad Hasnain, Javon Searles, Khary Pierre, Ali Khan
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR St Kitts & Nevis Patriots vs Trinbago Knight Riders 14th MATCH IN CARIBBEAN PREMIER LEAGUE 2019 ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
- Kieron Pollard (VC)
- Jimmy Neesham
- Devon Thomas
- Sheldon Cottrell
- Colin Munro
- Fabian Allen
- Mohammad Hasnain
- Lendl Simmons (C)
- Khary Pierre
- Evin Lewis
- Akeem Jordan
Click Here for Match Prediction.
*Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team, consider the points mentioned and make your own*