PITCH AND CONDITIONS
While the rest of the week looks ominous weather-wise, Saturday should be a clear day with just a few clouds and very little chance of rain. It will be hot and humid, however, with temperatures around the 30-degree mark.
The first game of this series reflected what was on show during the World T20 Asian qualifiers too – a balanced wicket, with a bit of spin, but one on which batsmen can settle and get some big scores too.
- Singapore has named an 18-man squad for this series, to be led again by Amjad Mahboob.
- There will be at least two changes from the win against Nepal when these teams last met Singapore’s most recent T20i.
- Chetan Suryawanshi and Anish Paraam are the two players to miss out. All 14 players selected for the List A Cricket World Cup Challenge League A are still in the squad.
- Singapore has won all three T20 internationals they have played since the ICC change to make all Associate matches full T20is.
- That was sufficient to book their place at the T20 World Cup qualifier.
- They beat Qatar by 13 runs in their first match and then, after their game with Kuwait was rained off, beat Malaysia by eight wickets thanks to Surendran Chandramohan’s half-century.
- Against Nepal, Tim David top-scored with 77 from 43 balls in a total of 191/6 before Selladore Vijayakumar’s four-wicket haul helped bowl the Nepalese out for 109 – earning Singapore top spot.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Singapore
Rohan Rangarajan, Arjun Mutreja, Navin Param, Tim David, Manpreet Singh (wk), Surendran Chandramohan, Aryaman Sunil, Sidhant Singh, Vinoth Baskaran, Amjad Mahboon (c), Selladore Vijayakumar
- Kushal Malla and Ishan Pandey made their T20 international debuts in the defeat to Zimbabwe.
- Pandey slotted straight in at the top of the order alongside captain Paras Khadka. Sandeep Lamichhane has linked up with the squad, meanwhile leaving his Caribbean Premier League commitments.
- The in-demand teenage leg-spinner has, to his credit, always put his country before franchise tournaments.
- Nepal’s defeat to Singapore cost them a place at the World T20 qualifier, and they made a losing start to this Tri-Nation series too.
- DS Airee top-scored as they posted 132/6 against Zimbabwe, but Sandeep Lamichhane’s 3-15 in the second innings could not prevent Zimbabwe claiming a five-wicket win with 11 balls to spare.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Nepal
Ishan Pandey, Paras Khadka (c), Aarif Sheikh, DS Airee, Kushal Malla, Sundeep Jora, Binod Bhandari (wk), Sompal Kami, Sandeep Lamichhane, Karan KC, Abinash Bohara
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR Singapore vs Nepal 2nd T20 MATCH IN SINGAPORE T20I TRI-NATION SERIES 2019 ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
- Tim David (VC)
- Rohan Rangarajan
- Manpreet Singh
- Sandeep Lamichhane (c)
- Paras Khadka
- Karan KC
- Surendran Chandramohan
- Selladore Vijayakumar
- DS Airee
- Vinoth Baskaran
- Ishan Pandey
Click Here for Match Prediction.
*Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team, consider the points mentioned and make your own*