PITCH AND CONDITIONS
A bright and sunny weather has been forecast for Friday with almost no chance of rain. Temperature is expected to be between 31 and 35 degrees Celsius while humidity should be around 50% during the match.
The pitch at the ICC Academy in Dubai has generally been a good one for batting. However, it does tend to slow down a bit during the second half. 152 is the average first-innings score at this ground in T20Is.
- Scotland’s squad for the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup Qualifier looks very similar to the one that was named for last month’s T20I tri-series in Ireland that also featured Netherlands.
- Josh Davey, who missed the tri-series due to his commitments with Somerset, has returned.
- Kyle Coetzer will be leading the team’s 15-man squad and could open the batting alongside George Munsey.
- Scotland has blown hot and cold this year in the T20 format having won four and lost three out of seven matches.
- They won the Oman Quadrangular T20I Series in February that also involved Netherlands, Ireland along with hosts Oman. Scotland’s previous T20I assignment came last month at the Ireland Tri-Nation T20I Series where they won two out of their four fixtures
Kyle Coetzer (c), George Munsey, Matthew Cross, Michael Leask, Richie Berrington, Calum MacLeod, Craig Wallace (wk), Tom Sole, Adrian Neill, Hamza Tahir, Safyaan Sharif
- Singapore has named a 15-member squad for this upcoming ICC Men’s T20 World Cup Qualifier.
- The Amjad Mahboob-led side strikes a fine balance of experience and youth. However, the presence of a few teenagers in the squad will put additional pressure on the more senior players.
- Rohan Rangarajan and Surendran Chandramohan are likely to open the batting while the skipper along with Vinoth Baskaran could form the new-ball pair.
- Singapore has played six T20 internationals this year out of which they have won four and lost two.
- They beat Qatar, Malaysia and Nepal to win the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup Asia Region Final held at home in the month of July.
- Singapore, however, could not win the recently concluded home Twenty20 Tri-Series but they managed to cause an upset by defeating Zimbabwe.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Singapore
Rohan Rangarajan, Surendran Chandramohan, Tim David, Aritra Dutta, Manpreet Singh (wk), Janak Prakash, Navin Param, Sidhant Singh, Selladore Vijayakumar, Amjad Mahboob (c), Vinoth Baskaran
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR Scotland vs Singapore 1st Match-Group A IN ICC Men’s T20 World Cup Qualifier 2019 ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
- Kyle Coetzer
- Michael Leask
- Matthew Cross
- Amjad Mahboob
- George Munsey (VC)
- Tim David
- Vinoth Baskaran
- Calum MacLeod (C)
- Tom Sole
- Surendran Chandramohan
- Safyaan Sharif
Click Here for Match Prediction.
*Disclaimer: A team here is picked based on the perception, analysis, and gut feeling of the author. When you select your team, analyze the points mentioned to arrive at your own decision.*