PITCH AND CONDITIONS
The ICC Academy Ground has been a bit more balanced compared to the other grounds that were used in Dubai. The surface is good to bat on but is expected to get slower as the match progresses.
Dubai will be hot and sunny at around 30-degrees Celsius, with no likelihood of any rain.
- Scotland had to come through the play-offs to reach the World Cup.
- Tom Sole has returned to play against the UAE, though he has been banned from bowling due to a suspect action.
- Ollie Hairs has been ruled out with a fractured foot and has been replaced for the play-offs by Dylan Budge.
- Despite Matthew Cross’ half-century and Mark Watt claiming 3 for 18, Scotland failed to win against the Dutch.
- But in the playoffs, George Munsey and Richie Berrington helped them to 198/6 before Safyaan Sharif and Mark Watt took three wickets each as they bowled the hosts out for 108.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Scotland
George Munsey, Kyle Coetzer (c), Michael Leask, Calum MacLeod, Richie Berrington, Matthew Cross (wk), Tom Sole, Safyaan Sharif, Josh Davey, Mark Watt, Alasdair Evans.
- Oman picked up Mehran Khan and Naseem Khushi in their last playoffs to get back to their winning ways after two consecutive defeats in the tournament.
- Sandeep Goud and Khurram Nawaz were the men to make way for them.
- Victory against Jersey would have seen them finish at the top but they could only post 127/9 needing 142 to win.
- Jatinder Singh’s knock of 67 and Bilal Khan’s four-wicket haul wrapped up for their team a 12-run win against Hong Kong and sealed them a spot at the next year’s World Cup.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF OMAN
Jatinder Singh, Khawar Ali, Aqib Ilyas, Zeeshan Maqsood (c), Aamir Kaleem, Suraj Kumar (wk), Mehran Khan, Naseem Khushi, Mohammad Nadeem, Fayyaz Butt, Bilal Khan
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR Scotland Vs Oman, Playoff 5 | ICC WORLD TWENTY20 QUALIFIER ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
- George Munsey
- Calum MacLeod
- Aqib Ilyas
- Jatinder Singh
- Khawar Ali
- Richie Berrington
- Mark Watt (VC)
- Matthew Cross
- Bilal Khan (C)
- Safyaan Sharif
- Josh Davey
Click Here for Match Prediction.
*Disclaimer: A team here is picked based on the perception, analysis, and gut feeling of the author. When you select your team, analyze the points mentioned to arrive at your own decision.*