PITCH AND CONDITIONS
After a cool start to the day, conditions are set fair for the rest of the afternoon with sun and virtually no chance of rain on the forecast.
Malahide has been an excellent pitch for batting so far in this series, with some big scored and big run rates.
- Philippe Boissevain came into the team last time out, while teenager Vikram Singh will hope to be handed his opportunity in the Netherlands’ final game of this Tri-Nation Series.
- The Netherlands’ win against Ireland last time out ended their long T20i losing streak, which included all four matches against the UAE and their opening game of this series against Scotland.
- After conceding 252/3 against the Scots, the bowling was much tighter against the hosts last time out.
- Brandon Glover led the way with 2-19 to restrict them to 181/7 before Ben Cooper (91*) and Max O’Dowd (69) helped the Dutch to a six-wicket win.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Scotland
George Munsey, Kyle Coetzer (c), Matthew Cross (wk), Calum MacLeod, Richie Berrington, Ollie Hairs, Tom Sole, Adrian Neill, Mark Watt, Alasdair Evans, Hamza Tahir
- Matthew Cross lasted just one ball after being recalled in place of Craig Wallace last time out.
- He could be pushed up the order this time, however, to a more familiar position. Adrian Neill was replaced by Hamza Tahir last time out, but the latter was expensive.
- Safyaan Sharif has been expensive in both games too and his place may be in danger as Scotland rotate their options ahead of the T20 World Cup qualifier.
- There has been no issue with Scotland’s batting so far after they hammered 252/3 on their way to a 58-run win against the Dutch (led by George Munsey (127*) and Kyle Coetzer (89)).
- Scotland then hammered 193/7 last time out, with Calum MacLeod hitting 72 of them, but they suffered a four-wicket defeat to Ireland in just 17.4 overs.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Netherlands
Tobias Visee, Max O’Dowd, Ben Cooper, Vikramjit Singh, Tonny Staal, Scott Edwards (wk), Pieter Seelaar (c), Shane Snater, Brandon Glover, Fred Klaassen, Philippe Boissevain
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR Scotland vs Netherlands 5th T20 T20 IN IRELAND TRI-NATION SERIES 2019-20 ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
- Max O’Dowd (VC)
- Shane Snater
- Tobias Visee
- Alasdair Evans
- Ben Cooper
- Pieter Seelaar
- Mark Watt
- George Munsey (C)
- Brandon Glover
- Kyle Coetzer
- Calum MacLeod
Click Here for Match Prediction.
*Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team, consider the points mentioned and make your own decision.*