PITCH AND CONDITIONS
The pitch at the ICC Academy has favored the bowlers more in the recent matches and has tended to get slower as the game progresses. Once again, it could be difficult for the batsmen to hit the big shots right from the word go.
The chances of rain during the match are almost down to zero. It should be pretty warm in the evening with temperature likely to be around 30 degrees Celsius. A light breeze is expected to blow across the ground.
- Scotland made a couple of changes in their last match against Namibia they replaced Kyle Coetzer and Ollie Hairs with Craig Wallace and Michael Leask.
- The team will be hoping for their regular captain Coetzer, who missed the last match due to illness, to return on Thursday.
- But if he fails to recover in time, Richie Berrington will continue to lead the side and Craig Wallace will open the batting again with George Munsey.
- Scotland has won two and lost as many matches out of the four they have played so far in this T20 World Cup Qualifier and they are currently positioned third on the points table with four points in the bag.
- After losing the tournament opener by two runs to Singapore, Scotland secured back-to-back wins against Kenya and Papua New Guinea. They, however, suffered a 24-run defeat in their last match against Namibia.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Scotland
George Munsey, Craig Wallace/Kyle Coetzer (c), Calum MacLeod, Richie Berrington, Michael Leask, Matthew Cross (wk), Tom Sole, Mark Watt, Safyaan Sharif, Josh Davey, Hamza Tahir
- Bermuda made three changes to their line-up in the previous match against Namibia.
- Dion Stovell, Allan Douglas, and George O’Brien were dropped and replaced with Malachi Jones, Derrick Brangman and Sinclair Smith.
- Kamau Leverock was promoted to the opening position while Okera Bascome was pushed down the order.
- Rodney Trott was made the captain of the team and Sinclair Smith took over the wicketkeeping duties from Okera Bascome.
- Bermuda might go into this match with an unchanged eleven.
- Bermuda is yet to register a win in the ongoing T20 World Cup Qualifier and are languishing at the bottom of the leaderboard having lost their first four matches on the bounce.
- Barring the game against Singapore which went down till the final over, the team has suffered big losses in all their encounters.
- Bermuda played their last match against Namibia which they lost by six wickets.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Bermuda
Terryn Fray, Kamau Leverock, Delray Rawlins, Janeiro Tucker, Deunte Darrell, Malachi Jones, Onais Bascome, Okera Bascome, Rodney Trott (c), Derrick Brangman, Sinclair Smith (wk)
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR Scotland vs Bermuda GROUP A, 30TH MATCH IN ICC WORLD TWENTY20 QUALIFIER ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
- George Munsey
- Richie Berrington (VC)
- Matthew Cross
- Tom Sole
- Calum MacLeod (C)
- Delray Rawlins
- Josh Davey
- Terryn Fray
- Janeiro Tucker
- Hamza Tahir
- Kamau Leverock
Click Here for Match Prediction.
*Disclaimer: A team here is picked based on the perception, analysis, and gut feeling of the author. When you select your team, analyze the points mentioned to arrive at your own decision.*