PITCH AND CONDITIONS
As ever, Dubai will be perfect for cricket with hot, dry conditions.
The Dubai International Cricket Stadium favors batting, particularly in the first innings of matches.
Papua New Guinea
- Papua New Guinea has fielded the same team for all six matches so far and it is unlikely there will be any changes going into the play-offs.
- Papua New Guinea won five of their six matches in the group stage to finish the top and book their World Cup place.
- The key victory came against the Netherlands when Assad Vala scored 37 and they chased 127 to win by five wickets.
- Since then, they have also beaten Singapore by 43 runs thanks to Damien Ravu’s 4-18 from four overs and won a low-scoring final group game against Kenya.
- In the latter, Norman Vanua hit 54 as Papua New Guinea recovered from 19/6 after four overs to post 118 all out.
- In reply, Assad Vala took 3-7 and Nosaina Pokana 3-21 as they bowled Kenya out for 73.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Papua New Guinea
Tony Ura, Norman Vanua, Assad Vala (c), Charles Amini, Sese Bau, Lega Siaka, Damien Ravu, Kiplin Doriga (wk), Jason Kila, Nosaina Pokana, Riley Hekure
- After their second defeat of the group stage, against Papua New Guinea, Namibia welcomed opener Stephan Baard and teenager Ben Shikongo back.
- They have since won five in a row without making any further changes.
- Namibia started this tournament with two defeats but has won five in a row since beating Scotland to kick-start their revival and then seeing off Bermuda, Kenya, and Singapore to charge into the play-offs.
- In the latter, Gerhard Erasmus hit 72 from 46 balls in a total of 191/8 and Jan Frylinck claimed 4-21 as Singapore collapsed to 104 all out.
- In the play-offs, JJ Smit hit 59 as Namibia recovered from 69/5 to post 161/7 and he then claimed two wickets, while Bernard Scholtz and Gerhard Erasmus took three apiece, as they bowled Oman who had been 58/1 in reply out for 107.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Namibia
Stephan Baard, Niko Davin, JP Kotze, Christi Viljoen, Gerhard Erasmus (c), JJ Smit, Zane Green (wk), Craig Williams, Jan Frylinck, Bernard Scholtz, Ben Shikongo
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR Papua New Guinea vs Namibia Semifinal 2 IN ICC WORLD TWENTY20 QUALIFIER ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
- Tony Ura
- Assad Vala (C)
- Kiplin Doriga
- Norman Vanua
- Stephan Baard
- JJ Smit (VC)
- Damien Ravu
- Gerhard Erasmus
- Christi Viljoen
- Jan Frylinck
- Bernard Scholtz
Click Here for Match Prediction.
*Disclaimer: A team here is picked based on the perception, analysis, and gut feeling of the author. When you select your team, analyze the points mentioned to arrive at your own decision.*