PITCH AND CONDITIONS
No rain has been forecast for Tuesday. However, there might be a bit of cloud cover during the match with a temperature of around 29-30 degrees Celsius. Humidity is expected to be between 53% and 55%.
Lauderhill has produced some big T20I scores in the recent past. The ground has hosted four matches in the 20-over format since last year with 150+ being scored on four occasions. The pitch has generally favored the side batting first and tends to slow down a bit during the second half.
Papua New Guinea
- Papua New Guinea has come up with a 14-man squad for this two-match T20 international series.
- Assad Vala will be leading the team and is likely to bat at number three while Tony Ura and Norman Vanua are expected to open the batting.
- Riley Hekure and Nosaina Pokana could start off the proceedings with the new ball in the powerplay.
- Papua New Guinea is yet to lose a 20-over game this year they have won all their eight completed T20s played so far this year.
- Their last T20 assignment came in July at the Pacific Games Men’s Cricket Competition held in Apia.
- Papua New Guinea fared very well in that tournament where they beat Samoa twice and Vanuatu thrice (including the final by 32 runs). Last year, however, they lost all their three T20s against the UAE at Abu Dhabi.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Papua New Guinea
Tony Ura, Norman Vanua, Assad Vala (c), Charles Amini, Lega Siaka, Hiri Hiri, Jason Kila, Kiplin Doriga (wk), Chad Soper, Riley Hekure, Nosaina Pokana
- Gerhard Erasmus will be leading Namibia’s 14-man squad for this T20 international series against Papua New Guinea.
- JP Kotze is likely to carry out the wicketkeeping duties and will open the innings alongside Christi Viljoen.
- Stephan Baard and Jan Frylinck are expected to bat in the middle order. Namibia is likely to throw the new balls over to Zhivago Groenewald and Ben Shikongo.
- Namibia has a 100% record in the twenty-over format. Till date, they have played seven matches in the format (all played this year) and have registered wins in each of those.
- They thrashed Botswana 4-0 at home in their previous T20 international series last month at Windhoek.
- Prior to that series in the month of May, Namibia won all their three encounters (versus Ghana, Uganda, and Botswana) at the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup Africa Region Final at Kampala.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Namibia
Christi Viljoen, JP Kotze (wk), Gerhard Erasmus (c), Craig Williams, Stephan Baard, Jan Frylinck, Pikky Ya France, Zane Green, Bernard Scholtz, Zhivago Groenewald, Ben Shikongo
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR Papua New Guinea vs Namibia 1st T20 IN Papua New Guinea v Namibia in USA 2019 ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
- JP Kotze
- Assad Vala (C)
- Kiplin Doriga
- Nosaina Pokana
- Tony Ura
- Charles Amini
- Zane Green
- Bernard Scholtz
- Lega Siaka
- Gerhard Erasmus
- Zhivago Groenewald (VC)
Click Here for Match Prediction.
*Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team, consider the points mentioned and make your own decision.*